The Field Engineering and Operations Technician II role installs, configures, upgrades, provisions, disconnects and/or maintains CB and associated devices and equipment at the customer’s premise. Ensures systems operate as designed and are maintained and/or upgraded per engineering requirements. Works collaboratively with engineering and technical colleagues to ensure customers receive timely, effective, and seamless service.
Demonstrates understanding and competence in Field Engineering Operations processes.
• Independently or in partnership with Field Engineering Operations team members, performs standard duties within CB Fulfillment, CB Service Assurance or CB Access Transport – as summarized below.
CB Fulfillment - Installs, disconnects, upgrades and/or migrates services at the customer premise.
• Activates electronics by powering up the equipment via 48V or AC.
• Loads configuration from the engineering work package on customer equipment.
• Performs customer CPE testing, on-site.
• Coordinates with provisioning to verify / finalize customer acceptance of service.
• Coordinates equipment pickup with boundary partners.
• Creates, updates, and closes remedy tickets and coordinates change control.
• Assists with initial turn-up of CPE equipment.
CB Service Assurance - Troubleshoots and resolves CB related issues at the customer premise – issues may be with aggregate devices, routers, optical access equipment and related services.
Inserts access transport equipment into the Cox fiber ring.
• Performs access transport equipment installation, including changes, upgrades and migrations, disconnects, decommissions, etc.
• Works with contractors / vendors or inhouse technicians to ensure equipment is installed correctly and working.
• Creates, updates and closes work orders, coordinates and verifies finalize customer acceptance of services
•High School Diploma/GED and 3years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline; or 5years’experience in a related field
•Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, SAS, etc.
•Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership skills, presentation skills, and collaborative, skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
•Degree in related discipline (e.g., Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Security, etc.)
•Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.