We’re seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer II to join our Cox Automotive Digital Retailing team based out of Atlanta, GA.
The Digital Retailing team builds the automotive digital retailing solution – enabling consumers to start their purchase online making it possible for dealers to sell more cars, faster. It’s a solution that spans all of our consumer facing platforms: Autotrader, KBB and Dealer.com websites. This is an exciting time for us as we develop the leading solution for the industry.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer II on the Digital Retailing team you will:
- Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for solutions
- Participate in ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web development technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options and devise architectural solutions that both achieve strategic business goals and meet operational requirements.
- Take part in reviews of own work and help in reviews of colleagues' work.
- Cultivate our culture of sharing ideas, practices and solutions
- BS in Computer Science or related degree
- 3-5 years of working experience designing and building web applications
- 2+ years of backend experience using technologies such as Node, Java or C#
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working in a continuous integration, testing and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Experience with REST API
- Technical writing including high and low-level diagramming techniques
Nice to Have
- Exposure to Agile/SAFE methodologies
- Experience with creating applications to run on AWS
What We Look For:
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Willingness to embrace and learn new technologies
- Great understanding of internet, systems, web technologies, and web service architectures
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Must be an effective communication
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.