The Senior Manager Client Solutions is responsible for leading a Sales team focused on producing revenue growth through an end-to-end sales strategy and selling all Inventory Solutions services to new and existing clients. The Senior Manager’s territory to include, but not limited to, the assigned geographical areas of their direct reports: Client Solutions Executives . This person will provide leadership for a Sales team composed of Senior Client Solutions Executives, who are charged with managing and growing existing accounts , as well as identifying and developing new accounts across all Inventory Solutions opportunities . He/she implements sales-based strategies for business development, closely monitors results, and partners with all Inventory Solutions business units and Manheim operating locations. Works effectively and partners with the sales effectiveness team, key Cox Automotive business partners as well as operating location leaders, directed by their Client Solutions Senior Director, to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded .
What You’ll Do:
• Partners with Client Solutions Sr. Director to develop and implement a plan to grow revenue and market share.
• Executes upon sales growth and retention plan for assigned team/accounts
• Leads sales team through communication of performance expectations. Provides direct support as needed to sales staff through participation in sales calls or other related activities. Coach sales staff to enhance their effectiveness, and holds them accountable for results.
• Partners with Client Solutions Sr. Director to obtain market intelligence and tools needed to support de the development of business of our clients and Inventory Solutions.
• Manages and leads new and experienced Client Solutions team.
• Recruits, hires, and develops sales team.
• Works closely with multiple levels within automotive (franchise and independent) dealerships, automobile associations, automotive dealer groups.
• Works directly with management team, product, IT, Sales Effectiveness, and customer care professionals.
• Sells through all Inventory Solutions channels and supports all Cox Automotive Groups.
• Utilizes CRM tool on a daily basis to monitor sales results and ensures Client Success Executives are 100% compliant in its usage and using the tool effectively.
• Implements promotions and/or special incentives as needed to drive desired business results.
• Implements rate negotiation and volume plans as authorized.
• Builds strong lasting relationships with clients and leadership at operating locations.
• Manages day to day service issues through appropriate Manheim product channels
• Trains and encourages utilization of all Manheim products and services.
• Embraces World-Class Sales Organization and strategy to continue growth and maximize efficiencies.
What’s In It For You?
Wouldn’t it be nice to know that someone has your back – for physical health, mental health, financial wellness and more? At Cox, it’s more than nice…it’s a reality. Check out a few of our employee benefits:
- First, we’ve created an exceptional salary package , plus additional incentives including highly-sought-after yearly sales awards and recognition for our top salespeople. We are an inclusive , sales-friendly environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated.
- We believe in taking good care of our team, so you’ll also have access to benefits like an impressive base salary with an uncapped commission , 401(K) with company match and quality healthcare & life insurance options, and more!
- Please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing healthcare benefits.
With benefits as rich and diverse as our employees, you’ll find a plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best choices for you and your family.
Who You Are
You’re a highly motivated self-starter with charisma to spare. You know how to own a room and close a deal, while still operating with integrity and respect. You also have the following qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 8 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 6 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 3 years’ experience in a related field; or 12 years’ experience in a related field
• 3+ years’ experience in management or leadership role
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
• 8+ years of experience with at least 3 years’ experience in a management/leadership role with a proven track record of success.
• Minimum of 3 years proven success in outside sales and service; automotive, auction, wholesale internet sales a plus.
• Experience in developing new business from prospects as well as existing customer base.
• Ability to work in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment; easily able to grasp in-lane and online products and services and how to leverage in a competitive marketplace.
• Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position the Manheim Value Proposition.
• Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a matrixed organization.
• 50-75% Travel.
• Working knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and best practices
• Skills in communication, customer service, and relationship building
• Automotive, auction, wholesale, internet sales / service experience preferred
• Proven track record of growing accounts from existing base
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.