Grows and maintains revenue and share for existing, complex, high-level accounts by developing deep relationships and applying strategic guidance, problem solving, and a consultative approach to selling. Assesses client’s linear and digital marketing needs and provides solutions accordingly. Works with other departments to develop solutions and to ensure that advertising campaigns air as planned. Collaborates with other departments and internal boundary partners to ensure campaigns are executed reliably and with precision.
- Meet or exceed core and digital media budgets.
- Grow local market share of advertising spend.
- Foster a sales culture that focuses on strategic and consultative partnerships across Cox Media departments, sophisticated agencies, and key advertisers.
- Has a deep understanding of client needs and applies strategic guidance using tools in our product portfolio.
- Follows and applies critical Cox Media policies related to campaign fulfillment (ex. posting).
- Executes select campaign fulfillment activities (ex. makegoods).
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Office suite, and relevant media related software (ex. STRATA, TapScan, WideOrbit etc.)
• 8 years’ experience in a related field OR Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 4 years’ experience in a related field OR
a master’s degree in a related discipline and 2 years’ experience in a related field
• Knowledge of local media market and/or local media contacts (Norfolk-Newport News DMA)
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.