Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering select services, such as accident repair, paint, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. Supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center, CAMFS provides maintenance scheduled and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
CAMFS, the largest independent fleet maintenance company in the country, is currently hiring Bus Technician . As a Bus Technician, you will be responsible for safely and thoroughly inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and servicing buses, coaches, and similar vehicles including multiplex and electrical diagnostics and repair of these systems and their related components; Chassis repairs to include suspension, Cummins medium duty and Ford drivetrains, air and hydraulic brakes and their subsystems; Repair of wheelchair lifts, child check systems, and other related accessories.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair and diagnostics of Cummins engines.
- Repair and diagnostics of Blue Bird / Cummins emissions systems.
- Repair and diagnostics of Roush / Blue Bird Propane systems.
- Repair and diagnostics of Ford Engines and Transmissions.
- Repair and diagnostics of multiplex controls and their subsystems.
- Repair and diagnostics of body and chassis wiring.
- Regular and safe lifting, climbing and physical exertion as jobs dictate.
- Accurate inspection of all incoming new and pre-owned vehicles to ensure accuracy of order, and operational function of installed systems to meet or exceed state and federal requirements. Let supervisor know if order or operations are not accurate so proper procedure is followed to correct.
- Incoming repairs will be accurately diagnosed and repaired, and verification of repairs is to be made the same day or as service scheduling, time, and parts availability permit to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Work with supervisor regarding shop supply levels to ensure product is on hand to meet customer needs and repair requirements.
- Learn and participate in all facets of service department processes such as incoming calls, parts ordering, processing work orders & customer follow-up.
- Bring a professional, positive, and service oriented attitude to work daily to support your WBS associates, customers, and suppliers.
- Provide support to all other WBS departments as needed.
- Assist in keeping service area clean and attractive. Shop tools and equipment are to be kept organized and in serviceable condition.
- Participate in service and company meetings and events as required.
- Always represent WBS in a professional and ethical manner.
- Additional responsibilities will include parts ordering to include accurate accounting of time and repair explanations, inspection, and servicing of new and used vehicles and other assorted repairs in the course of doing business.
- Other duties as assigned
- Studies and schooling as required to obtain required certifications.
- Prior experience diagnosing and repairing Cummins engines, emissions systems, and related subsystems; Roush Autogas propane alternative fuel systems; to include Ford engines and transmissions.
- Multiplex and electrical diagnostics and repair of these systems and their related components.
- Ability to train and expand your knowledge base to obtain certifications in related repair disciplines.
- Prior experience with Chassis repairs to include suspension, drive, train, air and hydraulic brakes and their sub-systems
- Prior experience with repair of wheelchair lifts, child check systems, and other related accessories preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to lift 75 to 100 pounds occasionally.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.