You might be asking “what’s in it for me?” Great question. Here’s a taste of the benefits we offer:
· 30+ days of paid vacation and company holidays per year (from day 1) for full-time employees because we know you need time to recharge. Up to 44 paid days off with more time on the job.
· Great healthcare benefits from day 1. Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
· At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on this link (Cox Benefits Overview) to learn more about our awesome healthcare benefits.
· 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
· Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
· Up to $1.5K in free tools for our new auto techs.
· Career growth through Cox Auto University training, opportunity for GED reimbursement, free ASE training/certification and more!
· Flexible work schedules with overtime opportunities.
· Great coworkers who love being part of a team.
· Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
What You’ll Do
· Performs surface refinishing work
· Surface preparation prior (masking / protecting adjacent areas, sanding, priming, etc.)
· Handling, applying and disposing of surface coatings
· Ensuring surface coatings / refinish products are properly formulated in terms of color and finish texture
· Applying refinish coatings
· Inspect refinish products to be used for proper formulation to meet color match and finish texture standards
· Cleaning and maintaining all paint formulation and application equipment
· Complies with applicable procedures and regulations regarding mixing, labeling, applying and disposing of paint and related materials.
· Wearing and using appropriate safety equipment at all times.
· Following all job-related safety and health procedures.
· Assisting with special projects as assigned.
Who You Are
· 3+ years of paint or equivalent vehicle repair experience.
· A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
· A high school diploma or its equivalent.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.