PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Drives the development of new products that are aligned with the company’s business strategy
- Provides functional engineering expertise in hardware, firmware, and system integration and test to the product development team
- Utilizes project management skills to achieve timely execution of multiple, simultaneous projects through effective resource allocation, work prioritization, and efficient task management
- Utilizes technical problem-solving skills to lead teams to determine root cause and appropriate corrective/preventative actions
- Collaborates effectively across departments to prioritize support issues, track, and communicate progress to goals
- Anticipates emerging risks and develop plans to efficiently manage longer term work
- Assembles and manage highly effective engineering teams through professional development, goal setting, and performance management
- Drives outcomes while maintaining engagement and where possible, team consensus by utilizing strong leadership skills
- Guides teams to create new and follow established processes and champion process improvements for greater efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
- Maintains compliance with applicable regulations, quality standards, internal policies, and safety regulations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree in a related discipline (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) or 12+ years of experience in product design and development with 8 years of experience in a related field and least 3 years of experience in people leadership; directly managing multi-disciplined engineers, including responsibilities such as performance management, hiring and professional development ; or MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 6 years of experience in a related field; or Ph.D. in a related discipline with 3 years of experience in a related field
- Product design experience with analog, wireless, power, micro-controller, low voltage circuits
- Extensive knowledge of IoT, sensor technology, embedded systems
- Extensive knowledge of Ethernet, Wifi, BLE and other networking protocols
- Experience with automating development and manufacturing testing
- Experience with quality management systems and electronic regulatory compliance standards
- Demonstrated leadership strengths, adaptable to changes in requirements and priorities
- Proven track record for cross-functional collaboration and being a team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (Project, Power Point, Visio, Outlook, Excel)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Master of Science is a plus
- Experience working with ODM to develop products
- Experience in Controls and Device Automation industry
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience with New Product commercialization
- Experience developing HW for IoT solutions using Bluetooth, IR and Wi-Fi based systems.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.