PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Drives the development of new products that are aligned with the company’s business strategy
- Provides functional engineering expertise in software, devops, and system integration and test to the product development team
- Utilizes project management skills to achieve timely execution of multiple, simultaneous projects through effective resource allocation, work prioritization, and efficient task management
- Utilizes technical problem-solving skills to lead teams to determine root cause and appropriate corrective/preventative actions
- Collaborates effectively across departments to prioritize support issues, track, and communicate progress to goals
- Anticipates emerging risks and develop plans to efficiently manage longer term work
- Assembles and manage highly effective engineering teams through professional development, goal setting, and performance management
- Drives outcomes while maintaining engagement and where possible, team consensus by utilizing strong leadership skills
- Guides teams to create new and follow established processes and champion process improvements for greater efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
- Maintains compliance with applicable regulations, quality standards, internal policies, and safety regulations
- Lead and participate in long term grooming, sprint planning, daily-standup, sprint reviews, sprint retrospective and design meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a minimum of 12 years of software development experience with web-based applications
- 8 years of hands-on experience in the design and architecture of cloud-native SaaS software products. Specific experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure is a definite plus. MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 6 years of experience in a related field; or Ph.D. in a related discipline with 3 years of experience in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with back-end technologies - C#.
- Minimum 1 year of experience defining and using SQL to manipulate application data
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing for the Linux/Ubuntu platform Experience in the IoT , RTLS, or Building Automation industry
- 5+ years of experience in people leadership; directly managing multi-disciplined engineers, including responsibilities such as performance management, hiring and professional development
- Demonstrated leadership strengths, adaptable to changes in requirements and priorities
- Proven track record for cross-functional collaboration and being a team player
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (Project, Power Point, Visio, Outlook, Excel)
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Working knowledge of Database Design, SQL Queries and transactions
- Experience working with Azure/AWS/GCP
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns and best coding practices
- Sound understanding of Agile development processes
- Knowledge of server configurations, including IIS and Apache configurations
- Experience working with automation and control systems
- Knowledge of cyber security vulnerability and penetration testing
- Experience working with geographically-dispersed teams
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.