Cox Automotive is looking for a forward-thinking and innately curious individual to serve as a Product Manager and people leader for multiple delivery team members. The Manager, Product Management will lead a Release Train and guide high performing teams in a cross-functional and agile environment, to deliver in a way that meets the priorities of stakeholders and clients. Your goal will be to deliver a mix of innovative solutions to clients and team members based on a rich understanding of the client experience journey, associated pain points, and supporting business objectives. You will establish the roadmap, in partnership with the Release Train Core and the Delivery Teams while also investing in guiding and leading a team of Product Owners to support their effectiveness and personal career growth plans. Additionally, you must be capable of presenting to executive audiences and large groups, interviewing end users, and communicating technical information to non-technical people. The ideal candidate is an experienced product leader with demonstrated experience defining, designing, and launching new web and mobile solutions. This person is also a self-starter who is passionate about problem solving, comfortable operating with direct and indirect influence, acclimates well to change, and is objective and detail-oriented.
- Work with product leadership and stakeholders to understand our business objectives and to craft a supporting product strategy, the roadmap, and evolve the deliverable timelines based on client feedback and team capacity
- Establish concise value statements, objectives, and key results for product initiatives that will guide the organization and delivery teams in measuring success
- Leverage various methods to evaluate and understand client and/or team member problems and partner with subject matter experts to design solutions that delight end users
- Facilitate solution exploration activities, which may include buy, build, partner analysis and/or A/B testing of multiple solution options
- Collaborate with client, product team peers, engineering, user experience, support, marketing, data science, sales and product operations to develop execution and launch plans to ensure successful internal and external communications of new features and enhancements
- Communicate plans across delivery teams to ensure proper prioritization, sequencing, and dependency management
- Consider the important tracking metrics that inform your teams’ next moves and helps user experience and business stakeholders understand how solutions are used
- Craft and cast a product vision for supporting our clients and team members in support of business objectives
- Guide product owners in delivering the release train product roadmap that delights clients and drives key performance metrics
- Provide clear direction to product owners on defined product priorities and schedules, in collaboration with product leads and the release train cores
- Partner with product leads to understand and influence product strategy while generating innovative ideas for achieving product success
- Identify key use cases and KPI’s to evaluate product performance
- Report out executive level status updates to product and business leadership with limited guidance
- Monitor products and platforms to evaluate user and client satisfaction, return-on-investment (ROI), and satisfaction of original objectives
- Partner with product analytics to ensure the ability to measure and track the value being created by the solutions and features delivered
- Monitor performance with product owners, compile status and communicate performance against objectives
Required Knowledge, Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in product management, product software delivery, product operations, or related functions. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year experience in a related field; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
1+ year of experience in management or lead role
- Proficiency in web and mobile solution capabilities, including demonstrated experience with designing, implementing, and advocating for solutions leveraging native iOS and Android applications
- Proficiency in Human Centered Design principles and Design Thinking techniques, including LUMA methods
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and web application development
- Demonstrated leadership ability, as evidenced by experience with effectively mentoring and guiding team members
- Demonstrated track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment
- Demonstrated experience leading agile teams and the ability to work with product and technology team members across different organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, sometimes with incomplete information to close gaps and meet the needs of internal stakeholders and customers alike
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships within and across delivery teams, partners, and stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.