The Technical Support Specialist II serves as a primary point of contact for customer escalations, providing technical, deployment and other general assistance to customers and internal stakeholders using our applications. You are a self-starter that embraces an ever changing and demanding work environment. You have a technology background and are seeking to grow your skills and knowledge base. You are curious and quick to learn, always looking for ways to improve. Strong interpersonal and communications skills will be necessary to succeed.
- Provide proactive application and technical support for application end users, which includes performing detailed investigations to identify root causes/fixes for complex issues
- Work directly with clients and internal teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Document, route, track, escalate and update customers, as well as management, on status of issues as required
- Utilize tools and systems proficiently to document activity and effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ensure customer satisfaction through outstanding customer service and high-quality responses
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from non-technical or technical customers
- Support other requests as required, including dealer interaction and internal reporting and analysis requests
- Maintain regular interactions with technology and program teams to manage fixes for production service issues
- Perform system testing as a final validation before release to customer
- Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of clients products and support protocols
- Perform other support and operational tasks as required
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation for critical issues escalation
Minimum Required Experience & Specialized Knowledge and skills.
- BS/BA in related discipline
- 2+ years Tier 2/3 enterprise-level technical and application support experience preferred
- 1+ years experience working with SQL and/or Postman.
- An understanding of the role of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within an IT environment.
- Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple team and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for product knowledge acquisition
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- 0-15% Travel
- Off-hours, on-call support may apply
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.