- Perform sale day administration functions including front counter, collecting & posting payments, issuing bidder badges, updating dealer information, matching ownerships with invoices and cheques, customer service, data entry, filing, etc.
- Support various auction administrative functions, such as vehicle liens process, entering carproofs, maintain titles, etc. May also support and/or cross train within the commercial accounts department.
- Cross train into Block Clerk role, and support the block clerk function as needed.
- Provide quality customer service through a very of communication methods (ie. In person, on the phone, through email, etc). Answer questions and provide support.
- Perform basic data entry
- Prepare, issue, and send out correspondence, bills, invoices, receipts, checks, or other documents.
- Copy data and compile records and reports. Sort and file documents.
- Operate office equipment, such as copier, fax machine, scanner, postage machine, etc.
- Answer phones, convey messages, and run errands. Greet and assist customers.
- Prepare outgoing mail for the auction with sufficient postage and ensure daily mail is posted.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Cash handling and balancing. May coordinate with the collection department regarding a variety of functions, including A/R administration, “cash status” concerns, etc.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Provide additional support, as needed, by:
- Processing new dealer applications by obtaining the appropriate registration documents according to Auction policy, such as dealer license, registration and insurance, bank reference, etc
- Maintain appropriate dealer files, updating items as needed. This includes the Auction Access and AS400 systems.
- Verify validity and status of dealer insurance records, as well as business address and phone numbers. Familiarize new dealers with appropriate Auction policies.
- The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- 1-3 years of previous clerical or administrative experience
- 1-3 years of previous customer service experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- Good communication and organizational skills required with strong attention to details.
- Basic computer software skills required.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service required.
- Must be able to use a computer and other office equipment (i.e., copier, fax machine, etc.).
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks; manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
Work Environment: Office environment.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.