This position ensures proper operation of vehicles and mechanical equipment by inspecting vehicles, diagnosing/determining the mechanical repair needs, performing specified repair and replacing specified parts according to instruction, as well as performing routine vehicle maintenance.
- Inspect vehicles for damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems, and estimate repair costs, according to appropriate guidelines.
- Order repair parts as instructed and perform designated repairs including replace brake pads, rotors, radiators, gaskets, water pump, hoses, plugs, wires, distributor cap, switches, mirrors, knobs, tires, and other repair work as required and/or instructed.
- Perform electrical repairs (i.e. electrical components, power windows, power mirrors, door locks, etc.).
- Perform all types of vehicle maintenance (i.e. mechanical work on brakes, fuel pumps, alternators, air conditioning, oil changes, tire balancing and rotation, replacing batteries, etc.).
- Check vehicles on sale day to ensure vehicles are operational.
- Ensure repair orders are completed correctly by maintaining knowledge of current rates, labor and parts charges, and manufacturer updates and changes concerning vehicle requirements.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- CPA Cards valid Mechanic
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Must be proficient at operating automotive diagnostic equipment
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate and follow directions.
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Good work habits and attendance.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift at 50 lbs pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.