As a Financial Systems Analyst you will create and enhance planning and reporting applications and databases (OneStream platform), including, but not limited to, loading data, designing data structures, and implementing planning methodologies.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Serves as an expert for OneStream Planning and Reporting as used for business planning and management reporting across the company
- Performs data loads and monitors them for accuracy and timeliness
- Maintains production databases to ensure integrity, performance, accessibility, and recoverability of data
- Works closely with the Finance & Accounting and Business Operations organizations and other internal customers to develop planning methodologies and transform business requirements into logical data models
- Develops ad hoc planning/reporting tools to support various non-standard planning/reporting activities
- Maintains ETL mapping tables and ensures integration of data from various sources through data design
- Performs quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
- Maintains end user security, including setting up new user accounts, and creating security filters and user groups
- Leads problem determination (root cause analysis) and documents the source of problems and their resolution. Recognizes and analyzes trends in errors so as to identify and install long term solutions
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2 years’ experience in a related field (Finance, Accounting, Business, IT, etc.). The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and up to 2 years’ experience; or 6 years’ experience in a related field and no degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and other financial tools (i.e. OneStream).
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Advanced financial analysis skills.
- Financial modeling and data analysis skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating and presenting PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to adapt to change in accordance with the business needs of the organization.
- Operate with ownership, be a self-starter, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of functional area of support
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Finance, Accounting, Business, IT, etc.)
- SQL scripting and data analysis skills.
- Experience in telecommunications industry.
What’s In It For You?
You do great work for us, so It’s only fair we offer you incentives that inspire you to live your best life.
- You’ll be rewarded with highly competitive pay , plus other compensation perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., flexible time off policy, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits)
- Looking to grow your family? Rest assured you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- We all love our pets —whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
- We value our people. That means you’ll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you – yes, you – as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Communications strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You’ll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.