- Develop and implement a comprehensive quality assurance strategy, policies, and procedures to ensure consistent product and service excellence throughout the organization.
- Establish and maintain quality standards, metrics, and KPIs to measure and monitor the effectiveness of QA processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Lead and mentor a team of QA professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure high levels of performance and professional growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product development, engineering, operations, and customer support, to embed quality principles and practices into every stage of the product lifecycle.
- Drive the identification, adoption and integration of quality tools, methodologies, and automation frameworks to enhance efficiency, effectiveness, and scalability of QA processes.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory requirements related to quality assurance, and proactively incorporate them into the QA COE strategies.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, industry best practices, and internal quality requirements.
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, providing insights, recommendations, and reports on quality-related metrics, risks, and opportunities.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by promoting quality awareness, advocating for process enhancements, and facilitating cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Establish effective communication channels to disseminate quality-related information, promote awareness, and ensure alignment across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 10 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 8 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 5 years’ experience in a related field; or 14 years’ experience in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a management or leadership role
- Proven experience (8+ years) in quality assurance, including significant experience in leadership or managerial roles.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, principles, and best practices, with a focus on software development and/or service delivery and automation.
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing and managing quality assurance processes and frameworks, including test planning, test case development, test execution, and defect management.
- Solid understanding of regulatory standards and compliance requirements relevant to the organization's industry (e.g., ISO, FDA, GMP).
- Experience in driving and managing organizational change, including process improvement initiatives and the adoption of quality-related technologies.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with a proven ability to inspire, motivate, and develop high-performing teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Professional certifications in quality assurance (e.g., ASQ, ISTQB) are highly desirable.
- Degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Quality Management). An advanced degree is preferred.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.