A vehicle collects a lot of memories in the course of its life. Every dent, ding and curb-kiss tells a story. Those stories don’t have to end with the original owner, though. That’s where you come in. At Manheim (a Cox Automotive company), we’re looking for a reliable Body Shop Painter I to help resurrect our rides and get them ready for resale. If that’s you – and we hope it is – read on!
You might be asking “what’s in it for me?” Great question. Here’s a taste of the benefits we offer:
· Sign-on bonuses (available now!).
· Once you’re on board, earn referral bonuses. Amount varies based on job type. You’ll earn at least $1K for each new eligible technician referral you provide.
· Competitive pay with opportunities for spot bonuses (up to $4.2K per year).
· 30+ days of paid vacation and company holidays per year (from day 1) for full-time employees because we know you need time to recharge. Up to 44 paid days off with more time on the job.
· Great healthcare benefits from day 1. Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
· At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on this link (Cox Benefits Overview) to learn more about our awesome healthcare benefits.
· 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
· Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
· Up to $1.5K in free tools for our new auto techs.
· Career growth through Cox Auto University training, opportunity for GED reimbursement, free ASE training/certification and more!
· Flexible work schedules with overtime opportunities.
· Great coworkers who love being part of a team.
· Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
What You’ll Do
· Serving as an entry level technician.
· Vehicle cleaning and preparation, including washing, wheel cleaning, waxing and buffing, polishing, removing finish defects, assistance with paint applications and minor repairs.
· Inspecting finished body panels for color match and finish texture.
· Preparing surfaces for buffing.
· Restoring finish panels to OEM quality.
· Removing and cleaning compound or polish residue from buffed panels.
· Moving vehicles to support production flow through detailing and painting processes.
· Completing work order documentation.
· Complies with applicable procedures and regulations regarding mixing, labeling, applying and disposing of paint and related materials.
· Wearing and using appropriate safety equipment at all times.
· Following all job-related safety and health procedures.
· Assisting with special projects as assigned.
Who You Are
You are all about accuracy and the value of attention to detail. You take pride in a day’s work, and love working in an environment where your skills are respected and developed. You have the following qualifications:
· 1+ years of paint or equivalent vehicle repair experience.
· A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
· A high school diploma or its equivalent.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.