The User Experience Designer is part of the UX team and works collaboratively with the Product and Engineering delivery teams to design the next generation of desktop and mobile applications across web, iOS, and Android platforms. This individual draws from a deep understanding of design systems, UX standards and best practices to innovate and create amazing user experiences for our software solutions. The Designer must think strategically, collaborate across disciplines, be self-driven, and execute with an eye for detail. The ideal candidate enjoys working with other team members to solve complex user/business problems and can easily adapt and grow within a fast-paced and innovative environment. They must have a passion for design, an outstanding set of user experience and product design skills, and a desire to continuously improve and elevate the experiences our customers have with our products.
• Design simple, and engaging and intuitive experiences and interactions, in both web
and native/hybrid mobile ecosystems
• Create design deliverables such as wireframes, mockups, user personas, and interactive prototypes.
• Participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work
• Create innovative design concepts based on a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives; willingness to try new approaches and iterate
• Consume and contribute to a reusable component library, style guide and design system.
• Work in an agile environment providing design communication and assets for the team
• Keep abreast of the latest UX design and technology trends
• Support the overall visual design of products including color palette, typography, iconography, and style
• Leverage user research and usability tests and incorporate the findings into your design decisions
• Estimate effort, plan schedules and manage time effectively
• Obtain buy-in from stakeholders, explaining how your design solution addresses the identify problem/ user need
• Support Agile delivery and respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers, and team leads
• Understand technical, business, and time limitations, and design within these constraints
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (HCI, UX Design, Product Design) and 4 years experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 years' experience; a Ph. D and up to 1 year of experience, or 16 years' experience in a related field.
• Proven expertise in Mobile UX design demonstrated through work for native iOS and Android apps that are in production
• Proven expertise working in and designing with the Salesforce Lightning design system
• Proven expertise in Avonni, Figma, InVision, and/or other design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Deep understanding of and experience with the full UX design process including information architecture, app interactions & behaviors, lo-fi wires, high-fidelity mockups, and rapid prototyping.
• Understanding and knowledge of mobile human interface guidelines (Apple’s HIG and Google’s Material Design), current possibilities and limitations of hardware and operating systems, and basic design requirements of a complete mobile app (icon and artwork sizes, necessary screenshots, splash screens, screen resolutions, retina graphics, etc.)
• Solid understanding of experience design principles and best practices
• Flexibility and openness to feedback from cross-functional team members
• Strong prioritization, planning and time management skills
• Experience with Lean UX, Agile Methodology and Design Thinking
• Confidence and knowledge to assess and solve complex or large scale UX projects • Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks effectively without close supervision
• Attention to detail and follow through
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think fast and slow and know when to do each.
• Portfolio containing examples of digital design solutions and your thought process, success and failures, getting to that outcome.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.