Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Manage daily work Orders and Preventative maintenance task within assigned SLA’s.
- Provide facility oversight and ongoing Building Inspections to identify and address all building needs.
- Ability to review spreadsheets, develop reporting, and communicate within the Microsoft office suite all identified building needs
- Performs electrical work, preventative maintenance of HVAC, plumbing, office furniture repairs/cleaning, office relocations, furniture tear-down/reconstruction, carpentry work, painting, light bulb replacements, mounting bulletin boards, white boards, TV’s, pictures etc. and conducts routine inspection of such items.
- Performs regulatory inspections on critical equipment and properties and maintains service records of preventative and other maintenance performed on facility subsystems.
- Can Perform general maintenance operations for building systems (Commercial power plant Generators, UPS, Fire Detection and Suppression, HVAC, other)
- Operates and adjusts Building Management Systems (BMS) for seasonal and local comfort.
- Plans reconfigurations and relocates furniture and office equipment, as well as set up and take down of furniture/audio visual equipment for meetings and special events in house or at remote locations as required by event planning.
- Contacts and communicates with vendors/contractors to solicit cost estimates, references, etc. Compile’s vendor information with an initial review and assessment with a preliminary recommendation. Reviews invoices, audits for accuracy, and processes for payment.
- Performs building inspections of all market buildings; enters data on checklist and worksheet. Enter work orders into our Integrated Work Management System (IWMS); solicits repair proposals as needed, notifies manager of repairs exceeding approval threshold.
- Works with leaders and contractors to develop project budget and scope as needed or directed
- Responds to emergency calls, evaluates damages, and takes necessary steps to protect customers, employees, and property. When directed, may assume initial lead role in emergency response.
- May assist and support our Technical Facilities Team should any emergency arise at those locations.
- Performs ergonomic modifications to furniture/equipment as directed by Safety.
- Assumes lead role in facilities maintenance and operations; assist other Facilities personnel as needed.
- Collaborates with Facilities leadership to establish CAPEX and OPEX budgets and works with leadership in the management of the OPEX budget.
- May assist with the training and development of Facility Team members.
- Regular and frequent use of our Integrated Work Management System (IWMS) software to enter, complete, and track work order requests from internal company personnel. Reviews work order requests daily. Acts on tickets as needed, or directed, to meet established general company expectations or service level agreements (SLAs).
- Observes, reports and/or remediates safety matters.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and parts including purchases of small tools and equipment
- May perform some minor landscape repairs or adjustments and property clean-up services. (minor trash, cigarette butt clean up, remove small broken branches, etc.)
- May provide security assistance as needed.
- May perform janitorial duties throughout the facilities.
- May occasionally be responsible for shipping, receiving, and mail delivery.
- May conduct meetings and assist with special event support and planning with respect to facility-related matters.
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 4 or more years of experience in related field (facilities maintenance or operations)
- Ability to oversee the building needs at multiple properties
- Requires strong knowledge of building system terms and technology; Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent organizational, prioitization, multi-tasking, math, written, verbal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Valid local State Drivers’ License with driving record that meets Cox standards
- Technical Certification in one or more related building systems (Commercial power plant Generators, UPS, HVAC, Fire Detection and Suppression, or other controls) strongly desired
- Prefer certification in operating lifting equipment
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Experience operating commercial chillers, cooling towers, boilers, VFD drives & pumps.
- Experience operating automated Building Management Systems to include Central Plant, HVAC controls and automated lighting systems.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.