Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering select services, such as accident repair, paint, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. Supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center, CAMFS provides maintenance scheduled and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
CAMFS is currently hiring a Sr. Mobile Diesel Technician will be responsible for performing licensed DOT inspections, Preventative Maintenance inspections, light and advanced repairs, advanced mechanical/hydraulic/electrical and electronic diagnostics, and other duties as assigned. Heavily relied upon for advanced diagnostics and triage of complicated repairs by Mobile Diesel Technician I/II. Considered the Lead on jobsites by customers and Technicians. Functions as a consultant on the customer's behalf. A successful Sr Mobile Diesel Technician complies with all company policies and achieves high level performance metrics.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs on light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles in a mobile/field environment.
- Perform minor adjustment and repairs on various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions and to ensure that they are working properly.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information, using sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives.
- Independently manage parts inventory and equipment provided on company-issued service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Maintain and operate company-issued service vehicle, conduct safety checks, and pre-/post-trip inspections of vehicle.
- Work with and listen effectively to clients and customers to assess their needs, providing information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfying their expectations.
- Manage concurrent assigned tasks, making effective judgments as to prioritizing work related activities and time allocations.
- Use hand tools, precision instruments, as well as Diesel tools, welding equipment, lift and jacks.
- Document according to company standards and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company-issued iOS device and our proprietary TRAIT application.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most Standard Repair Times.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Communicate with management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Maintain company issued service truck, conduct safety checks and daily pre/post trip inspections.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline and 3 years’ experience; or 7 years’ experience in a related field
- Safe Drivers Needed, Valid Driver's License required.
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or withing 72 hours of hire
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as Diesel Technician on medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair or equivalent combination of technical education/certifications/skill/experiences.
- Obtain Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification T8 (PMI) within eighteen (18) months.
- Obtain 608/609 certification within eighteen (18) months.
Why Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services?
- $27.55-$40 hourly depending on experience
- Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Extreme weather gear (Cold & Hot)
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
- Laptop & company cellphone provided
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
Hourly pay rate is $36.68 - $55.05/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
Employees receive a minimum of sixteen hours of paid time off every month and seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.