The Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing is a leadership position that reports to the Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement. This candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced, competitive and changing environment; while effectively collaborating with teams in alignment with the Cox culture. Strong communication skills are a must. The primary responsibility of this individual will be to develop comprehensive category and sourcing strategies into actionable projects through demonstrated leadership and management of sourcing professionals within the Information Technology (“IT”) space. This individual should have demonstrated capabilities in developing talent, managing complex negotiations, developing new strategies and implementing complex multi-divisional process improvements.
- Responsible for the development, delivery and execution of sourcing events and projects (RFx, direct negotiations, contract renewals, etc.) for assigned Strategic Suppliers in the IT category including software, hardware, cloud, enterprise maintenance, and enterprise telecommunications services. A majority of these will be renewals and IT maintenance.
- Sets objectives and priorities for Sourcing Manager(s) to achieve measurable results (savings, SLAs) for the Tier 2 category.
- Responsible for the supervision and development of Sourcing Manager(s).
- Champions change to drive alignment of sourcing, procurement and supplier management strategies for the benefit of the company and the business.
- Sets the example for doing the right thing through personal and professional behaviors of honesty, integrity, keeping commitments, and valuing others.
- Responsible for executing projects that deliver not only cost savings but also continuous improvement and cost optimization of suppliers and spend within assigned categories, while balancing the needs and desired business results of business and boundary partners. Results and benefits are measured across financial and operational dimensions, including total cost of ownership, contract quality and time to complete.
- Responsible for delivery of annual savings, develop a diversity spend strategy and operational improvement targets.
- Responsible for development and implementation of category plan.
- Responsible for the prioritization and completion of sourcing projects in accordance with SLAs and business needs.
- Accountable for ensuring proper onboarding/offboarding, performance planning, coaching and evaluation of team resources in accordance with Division HR policies.
- Manage sourcing professional(s) in the end-to-end execution of sourcing projects for IT Category.
- Manage the team’s efforts in the negotiation of renewals, maintenance, contracts, statements of work, change orders, and other agreements to ensure proper price, scope, terms, and delivery of service (including service level agreements) for the enterprise are achieved. May negotiate highly critical/visible contracts as needed or as assigned by Director, Strategic Sourcing.
- Allocate sourcing projects and duties to the appropriate resource(s) within the group based on scope or work in collaboration with other Senior Managers or Directors in the Strategic Sourcing team.
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with key business stakeholders and boundary partners.
- Create, edit or provide input for new processes or standards for the department.
- Responsible for executing projects in compliance with department best practices, processes and procedures, updating or modifying working methods/approaches where there are not defined procedures.
- Recommend process improvements, and implement improvements, modifications, or adaptations to processes/project standards.
- Responsible for incorporating diversity and sustainability initiatives of the Enterprise and Division into sourcing practices.
- Achieves goals through managing a team of professional practitioners, including in a shared services environment.
- Provides input into workforce and staffing plans to ensure availability of employees and resources.
- Manages and resolves escalations and issues related to sourcing events.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Information Technology, Business, Sourcing/Procurement) and 8 years’ experience in a related field (sourcing/procurement). The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 6 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 3 years’ experience in a related field; or 12 years’ experience in a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in management or leadership role
- A leader with strong people management skills and the ability to manage several complex projects at a time through resources possessing varying skills sets.
- Ability to identify opportunities and take necessary actions to continuously improve our value proposition for our customers.
- Proven experience in the 7-step strategic sourcing process.
- Strong analytics, reporting and financial acumen skills.
- Knowledge of key strategic sourcing processes & best practices.
- Proven experience leading, directing and reviewing the work of a team of direct reports.
- Experience in supply chain technologies such as Oracle P2P and eSourcing Suites.
- Ability to solve problems that are difficult and vague, requiring consideration of other job areas and a greater diversity of issues addressed.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with other functions, regions and departments within the Enterprise in alignment with Cox values and culture.
- The ability to convince others with shared interests to adopt policies, practices, and procedures. May influence others that are skeptical or unwilling to adapt current approach
- The ability to delegate duties and tasks recognizing the strengths and skillsets of team members.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong aptitude for customer service and stakeholder management
- Master’s degree in Business or related field.
- Certification in Supply Chain Management (ISM), CPM or related.
- Project Management certification (PMP), Lean or Six Sigma training.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry, or extensive knowledge of a MSO’s operations
- Knowledge of the automobile remarketing industry
- Prior consulting experience
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.