Cox Communications is looking for a Lead Wireless Engineer, Platform Delivery to be an active member of our Wireless Engineering team in the support and deployment of our state-of-the-art 5G NR Stand Alone networks. We are looking for a take charge engineering lead / program management type with an insatiable thirst for new and innovative technology who will collaborate with their peer Lead engineers within the Wireless Engineering programs of FWA (Fixed Wireless Access) and Cox MVNO network wireless offload program driving the technical platform delivery and key network coordination between boundary partners (internal & external) for Wireless Engineering 5G Core and 5G NR RAN work streams. Individual will be a key interface for Wireless Engineering team between vendors and internal boundary partners efforts for lab and network deployment. Individual should be a proven platform delivery lead with strong wireless industry expertise and knowledge to successfully drive Cox network deployments and upgrades for on-time and on-budget forecasting, will be accountable for program platform delivery and will report to the Wireless Engineering Director.
- Lead will do technical platform delivery and key network coordination between all boundary partners (internal & external) for Wireless Engineering 5G Core and 5G NR RAN work streams.
- Lead will create, forecast, and update Wireless Engineering project operational budgets and interact with vendors to drive their proposal submissions and eventual Purchase Order Requisition submissions and SOW (scope of work) development that meets engineering requirements. This is inclusive of working closely with Cox Supply Chain and Workforce Logic teams to establish and facility new vendor: NDA’s, company assessments, trial agreements, MSA’s, PO’s and SOW’s.
- Create, track tasks/milestones, manage project engagements with vendor management, internal boundary partners and Wireless Engineering team for timelines, deliverables, daily/weekly/status reporting, leading coordination/collaboration and work closely with Cox Program Delivery and Management Office teams.
- Support platform delivery for production, development lab and field employee trial environments inclusive of creating and updating build books for key programs.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with vendor and internal stakeholders and act as an escalation point to promote vendor accountability, remove dependencies, and build standardization.
- Work closely with Wireless Engineering team, Cox Critical Infrastructure Management, Field Engineering and Operations, Cox Facilities and Cox Data Center teams for deployment / upgrades / decommissioning of wireless equipment in test lab and production networks at key Cox facilities.
- Participate in planned maintenance activities during maintenance windows as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in as a Technical Engineer in the Wireless Communications Industry.. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 18 years’ experience in a related field
- Fundamental knowledge in LTE and 5G NR 3GPP standards and wireless OEM architectures.
- Team engineering lead experience.
- Experienced program management lead of large programs with operating of large-scale service provider wireless networks and/or experience with a Wireless OEM vendor that supported its Mobile Network Operating customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- PMP or PMI’s Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification is a plus.
- Lean - Six Sigma certification is a plus.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.