This position works with customers and location operational groups to ensure that the auction runs smoothly both operationally and administratively. Works closely with the Field Sales team to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Promotes and educates customers on the various products and services provided by Manheim.
- Works directly with customer onsite, via email & phone to ensure expectations are met and service issues are resolved.
- Champions all auction day preparations (pre/post activities) related to in‐lane and online sales.
- Demonstrates professionalism and sincere appreciation for the business relationships that have been established amongst the dealers and Manheim.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves customer problems and issues; serves as a liaison between customers, sales teams, and location personnel to reconcile problems and to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Assist with customer care issues and respond to dealer inquiries, problems, or concerns in a professional manner and escalate as necessary.
- Educate customers on Manheim services & products. Provide assistance and training in usage.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with dealers over the phone, online and at the Auction through planned contact and meetings, as well as feedback sessions regarding Auction and online use and services.
- Serve as initial contact for buyers and sellers.
- Solicit inventory and offer additional services to all clients.
- Work with manager to ensure a consistent and effective online and in-lane customer experience, appropriate transaction processing, high customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure that services are completed in a timely manner.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline;
- OR 5 years’ experience in a related field strongly preferred. Previous experience in sales support role desired.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills are required.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Solid computer skills, including ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.