Blueprint RF, a division of Cox Business, is a leading provider of technology solutions to hospitality clients. Built around a team of leaders with deep industry experience and client-focused innovators, the company provides complete network solutions to meet the full, and evolving, needs of hospitality properties, staff, and guests. Blueprint RF has earned an excellent industry reputation for quality network design, solid delivery and support services, and continuous innovation. With a combination of customized solutions and first-class client service, Blueprint RF brings businesses and their staff closer to the guests while improving the experiences of all.
Blueprint is now hiring for a Senior Software Developer who will handle System’s Administration and assist in the design, development and implementation for projects pertaining to Blueprint’s custom applications. This role will also include assisting in the development of our Dominion Gateway, a proprietary firewall/gateway that handles Hospitality WIFI routing. We’ll provide the work/life balance you need and the developmental opportunities you want for your future. If you want to make a difference with a company offering great pay, benefits, and culture, let’s talk!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Advanced programming & scripting language skills (PHP, Python, Perl) debugging
• Deep understanding of networking components and technology
• Design, deploy, configure, and manage virtualized computer resources within a server, storage, and networking environment
• Set up software build and deployment environments while documenting processes.
• Define operating environment in OS, web services, databases, and scripting
• Define and build testing environments in server locations, networks, ancillary services, and data storage
• Database design and management
• Security (access Control)
• Maintenance and periodic data clean up
• SQL and Postgres database management and querying
• Identification and deploy changes between release/deployments
• Server maintenance
• OS release upgrade and patch application development and production server in out two datacenters.
• Support to our Network Operations Center and actively troubleshoot issues
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• 4 years’ experience in a related field with BA/BS OR 2 years’ experience with MS OR 1 years’ experience with PH.D OR 8 years’ experience in a related field without degree OR 16 years’ experience with H1-B and no degree
• FreeBSD/UNIX, PHP, Python and Postgres, MySQL, User Interface design and development.
• OS (FreeBSD, Debian Linux) variant
• Web Services (Apache, Nginx, Node)
• Database (MySQL, Postgres)
• Scripting (PHP, Python, Perl)
• Frontend web design
• User interface design and implementation
• Data architecture experience
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.