NextGear Capital, a Cox Automotive brand, is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Carmel, IN.
At Cox, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. Our DevOps engineers are a key to this success by helping accelerate deliveries and increasing application resilience. Founded on the premise to standardize tooling across a set of teams and to evangelize new technologies and processes, the DevOps engineers regularly investigate engineering pain-points and then thoughtfully provide scalable solutions.
A perfect candidate is one that likes automating tedious tasks, create safety guards from mistakes being made, prefers simplifying problems instead of overcomplicating things, being proactive instead of reactive, mindfully accepting tech-debt, and, most importantly, working as a team. If this describes you, or you want to hear more, click the Apply button and we look forward to connecting.
At Cox, collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation
- Drive an end-to-end pipeline process for frequent application, infrastructure, and configuration releases
- Identify technical or process improvement opportunities, and partner with delivery teams to implement them
- Live by Agile principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including sandbox testing, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Participate in team on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years experience OR 6 years experience equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education
- Working experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)or Azure
- Working experience with Windows
- Working experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Proven ability to work with team members to deliver projects on deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and keep multiple threads in progress simultaneously
- Understand how code is built in a CI/CD pipeline
- Ability to communicate within Engineering as well as with non-technical teams
What We Look For:
- Working experience with container services such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Working experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Working experience with provisioning such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- Working experience with config management such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- Working experience with source management such as GitHub, Bit Bucket, GitLab
- Working experience with deploy artifacts such as Artifactory, Nexus
- Working experience with CD/CI tools such as Jenkins, Circle CI
- Working experience with monitoring/instrumentation or observability tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Splunk, Elk
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.