Reporting to the Sr Manager of Change and Problem Management, the Problem Coordinator (Technical Analyst II) provides support and subject matter expertise in the management of problem management activities. The Problem Coordinator is responsible for performing activities in accordance with the Problem Management program such as Identification and proactive engagement of technical teams regarding problems, post-incident assessments, compliance monitoring and measurement, and contributing to process improvements.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrable knowledge and/or experience in Problem Management or other Service Management disciplines i.e. Incident, Change, Asset, etc. and preferred experience in relevant technical areas i.e. application support, engineering, telecommunications, etc. Strong knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework is preferred. The Problem Coordinator will engage with Cox’s Tier 2 Network Operations Centers and Tier 3 and 4 Development Operations and Engineering teams to ensure issue resolution, transaction reduction, and continuous improvement. The Problem Coordinator will compose, and present documentation related to problem investigations and ensure timely follow up on pending items.
These responsibilities are an integral part of Cox’s 24X7X365 operational environment.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Respond to, assess, and manage enterprise technology problems on a daily basis
- Act as a resource and escalation for complex problem activities where appropriate
- Ensure problems are properly assessed and managed for risk in order to minimize disruption to the production environment.
- Manage the risk of problems, working with technology owners and teams, to ensure that problems are managed timely and effectively, and potential disruptions are minimized
- Manage high profile internal and external customer escalations expeditiously
- Contribute to, support, and facilitate weekly during weekly IMPACT call
- Conduct Post Incident Reviews for applicable Critical/High Profile incidents
- Identify, report, and review workarounds related to ongoing problem cases
- Adhere to defined KPIs and SLAs with respect to problem reviews and response times
- Perform quality audits of problem cases and other process items as identified
- Create trending analyses to help in providing solutions through simple or ad-hoc reporting mechanisms
- Develop and foster relationships with technology group leaders regarding problem activities and process
- Partner with and enable the Network Operations Center by providing or updating tools, support solutions, coaching, training and associated documentation.
- Effectively identify problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them
- Able to work autonomously but also as part of team, meeting individual and team deliverables
- Able to demonstrate understanding of conceptual knowledge of emerging technologies
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for responsible applications or services to support customers after normal business hours.
- A strong dedication to customer service is required
- Able to work effectively with limited supervision
Skills and Qualifications
- 6 or more years of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Service Management, Technology Operations, Support, etc.)
- 2 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and/or experience in Problem Management and/or other Service Management disciplines in an enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework in an enterprise environment
- Experience with service management tools (i.e. Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Strong understanding of risk of technical change and how to mitigate
- Effective written, oral, problem-solving presentation, and collaborative communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude, ability to face the challenges in a fast-paced environment within a customer experience-focused operations organization.
- Natural curiosity, creativity and eagerness to learn, identify problems, and take initiative on solutions
- Strong understanding of information technologies and how they interconnect
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of Cox Communications and Cox Business customers.
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Experience performing trend analysis using data analytics tools and reporting out
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Information Technology or related)
- ITIL v4 Foundations certification
- Possess or working towards ITIL Intermediate certification
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Experience with BMC Remedy desired
- Experience in technical operations or support role (infrastructure or application) desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.