Cox Communications is searching for a Manager, Technical Operations. This role is a Manager for the Hospitality Network division of Cox Business which provides nationwide service to hotels, casinos, stadiums, convention centers and arenas. This role provides leadership and direction for the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of plant systems, equipment and components involved in signal processing, amplification and transmission. The Network Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performance and availability of the network including monitoring, maintaining, and remediation of all production issues.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Manages staff responsible for the break/fix, service modifications, activation, change or decommission (MACD) of Video services, Core, Edge and Transport network elements for both Hospitality venues like hotels, convention centers and arenas.
- Creates and manages appropriate systems and processes to deliver a quality internal and external customer experience through effective development, operational support, tools, consistent methodology, continuous improvement and metrics.
- Manages development of network operations support standards and designs a support plan for multi-vendor platform solutions.
- Oversees development and implementation of technical service restoration and troubleshooting procedures for identifying, testing and diagnosing network issues.
- Identifies and implements improvements to processes and systems designed to ensure delivery of quality internal and external customer experience.
- Manages all activities, personnel and technical issues associated with providing technical service and/or solutions to customers by identifying, prioritizing and confirming resolution of reported problems.
- Coaches and develops people resources to maximize strengths and develop strong, collaborative partnerships within Technology organization and across business functions. Advises and coaches team members on procedures, technical problems, priorities and standard methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year experience in a related field; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
- 1+ year of experience in management or lead role
- Requires strong knowledge of network device troubleshooting, layer II and layer III, network infrastructures, IP addressing, subnetting and IP routing.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, problem solving, written, verbal, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Prior experience working for a service provider
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.