This position facilitates the resolution of customer complaints (includes all vehicles and online transactions) after a sale and is responsible for the timely and successful arbitration of vehicles between buyer and seller in accordance with auction and NAAA policies. This position also requires organization and management of sale day activities including post sale inspections and sale day arbitrations.
- Review customer complaints and mechanic reports about vehicle condition.
- Inspect vehicle to determine extent of repairs, if any, and authorize second opinion, if necessary.
- Advise customers of Auction policy and the complaint and arbitration process and facilitate the resolution/negotiation between the two parties.
- Mediate dispute and negotiate repair and/or pricing of disputed vehicles in order to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution and in an effort to keep vehicles sold.
- Have awareness of and resolve after-sale problems, such as issues with title, mileage, frame damage, etc.
- Monitor and maintain accurate files for each arbitration case, and interact with Auction sales personnel regarding information on vehicle sales, etc.
- Act as a liaison with federal and state authorities regarding odometer rollbacks, salvage vehicles, etc.
- Promote the Auction and its services with customers to gain additional business including, but not limited to, post-sale inspections.
- Review customer claims to verify that they meet Manheim's National Arbitration policies and any account-specific guidelines; make/advise on financial decisions regarding arbitrations.
- Interface with all departments involved in the complaint including the fact finding and investigative phases.
- Screen and input all qualified vehicles for post-sale inspection.
- Inform buyers and sellers on the process, cost, and timing for completion of all PSI or buyer claims.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to adapt in a fluid and changing environment.
- Previous experience in problem and conflict resolution
- Strong Organizational and time management skills
- Automotive, mechanical, or body shop experience preferred.
- Effective report writing and composition skills preferred.
- Ability to lift 1-20 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.