The Wireless Engineering team leads the planning and engineering deployment of our Stand Alone multi-wireless use case 5G Core Platform and will utilize the expertise of our Senior Microwave Systems Engineer that provide Detailed design & implementation documentation of pt-pt mmWave/μWave for new Wireless backhaul applications. Serve as Tier-IV trouble resolution for existing link issues. The Senior Microwave Systems Engineer will provide wireless industry expertise and knowledge in successfully driving task completion and will have project oversight will report to our AVP, Wireless Architecture. With the growth of our team, and roadmap maturity, the Wireless Engineering support will continue to change allowing team members the opportunity for personal growth.
- Hands-on experience with the design, construction, and testing of rf/microwave electronics systems
- Strong background in Microwave and mmWave backhaul design, deployment, & troubleshooting techniques
- Strong understanding of specific microwave and mmWave band behaviors, capabilities, & limitations including (but not limited to) path-loss, fade-margin, absorption spectra, XPIC, etc.
- Methodically scope, troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix complex problems as required on Cox wireless networks while minimizing customer impacts and outages
- Partner with peer Engineering team members to gain in-depth understanding of proposed changes to hardware, software or configurations and associated implications
- Assess and continually improve lab methods and procedures
- Quickly understand preliminary product/platform concepts or high-level designs and subsequently author technical requirements as necessary based on those understandings
- Translate high level engineering documentation into working configurations and test plans with additional applicable data
- Partner with Operations team members to prepare low level designs, configurations and methods and procedures to gain operational perspective, including network reliability, scalability, simplicity, and standardization to ensure success through launch of the change
- Participate in planned maintenance activities during maintenance windows as needed
- Review, design, and support of wireless network infrastructure, Firewalls and Cabling
- Experience with Network performance monitoring
- Experience setting up a high availability data center environment spanned across multiple sites
- Knowledge of Deployment technologies and automation tools.
- Experience working in a multi-tenant high up time production environment.
- Ability to provide Tier 3 on-call support coverage.
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch.
- Inside plant engineering experience & involvement in; fiber and HFC plant planning
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 4 years' experience as a technical engineer in the Wireless Communications Industry. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 2 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 16 years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of outdoor fixed wireless systems, including microwave, millimeter wave and unlicensed 5.8 GHz radios
- Experience with 4G/LTE, CBRS and 5G is a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.