Cox Automotive is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our Consumer, Brand & Dealer Platform Engineering Team.
Cox Automotive is the market leading provider of technology services to the automotive industry. Our engineering organization takes pride in building innovative products that make our customers successful. We are passionate about building great software while having fun doing it. The result is an award-winning culture in which everyone is approachable, ideas are judged on their merits, and healthy, empowered people drive transformative technology.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the Consumer, Brand & Dealer Platform Release Train, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business challenges. You will apply your knowledge of object-oriented design along with engineering best practices, design patterns, and frameworks to deliver real product value. This team will focus on building, Improving, and maintaining the Dealer.com Leads Platform.
Technologies We Use:
Java, Spring, AWS (EMR, ECS, EC2, S3, EKS, Glue, Athena, QuickSight, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, Kinesis, Terraform, CloudFront, CloudWatch, RDS), Active MQ, Maven, NewRelic/DataDog/SumoLogic, Cucumber, REST/gRPC, Hibernate, MySQL, GitHub, TeamCity/Jenkins, Apache Airflow, Camel and event processing modules, Rules Engine, Cache tools
- Design, develop and maintain frameworks for web-based applications to enhance performance and reliability
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products leveraging common technology
- Design and develop service-oriented architecture solutions that integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
- Architect, design and develop platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
- Collaborate on developing best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements
- Guide, coach, and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects
- Analyze and conceive solutions, and develop prototypes for next generation components to extend platform architecture, solve complex business problems and extend business functionality
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 18years’experience in a related field
- Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- At least 6 years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as a code – Serverless (Node.JS, Python), Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing on AWS is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work with team members to deliver projects on deadlines.
- Proven experience with architecture patterns, design patterns and tradeoffs. (multithreading, database scaling, statelessness, event driven architecture etc)
- Experience with agile methodologies like Kanban (preferred), Scrum, XP, etc. SAFE methodology (a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
- Aptitude for continued growth and development of technical skills/abilities
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Compensation includes a base salary of $116,200.00 - $193,600.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.