As a Senior User Interface Engineer, you will be a technical leader in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring are regularly practiced.
* Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and operate a highly performing and highly available production system
* Develop front-end solutions for a suite of web applications / business tools.
* Design complete user flows from end-to-end.
* Collaborate with UI team members, users and other stakeholders to discuss user interface requirements and brainstorm solutions.
* Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and site maps.
* Design, develop and implement user interface components / elements / touch points.
* Identify and troubleshoot UI / UX problems, collaborating with engineering as required to ensure resolution.
* Recommend and helps implement design best practices
* Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
* Enhance the performance and reliability of our current solutions
* Guide, coach, and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
Thorough knowledge and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies
Good knowledge of Object Oriented design and programming
Experience writing/testing performant-based code using best practices
Experience with secure coding best practices and remediation
Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate technical issues to technical, non-technical, and management groups
Exceptional customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Demonstrated skill with the following:
What We Look For:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work with team members to deliver projects on deadlines.
- Experience with agile methodologies like Kanban (preferred), Scrum, XP, etc. SAFE methodology (a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
- Aptitude for continued growth and development of technical skills/abilities
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.