The Mobility Client Sales Director supports the Chicago and Indianapolis markets and is responsible for supporting growth through new logo sales and maintaining a book of business across Mobility Fleet Services. It is critical to the role that the individual can help create, shape, and evolve a tailored strategy for large fleet companies with the ultimate goal of driving revenue through the sales of Scheduled Mobile Onsite Services, Emergency Mobile Services, Garage Operations, and Equipment Sales and the Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services solution set. Key to this role is the ability to cultivate relationships with new and existing clients, manage and enhance senior stakeholder relationships and articulate the Cox Automotive Mobility Strategy and balancing sales activity with client development efforts.
The Mobility Client Sales Director needs to be adept at evaluating and adapting their strategy to keep up with current business trends within the fleet space. The Mobility Client Sales Director works closely with the internal teams to drive the client relationship and ensures Cox Auto / client relationship alignment with key decision makers and influencers to execute the overall client strategy.
In addition to the industry and business acumen needed for the role, The Mobility Client Sales Director should also possess a grasp of our value proposition across all Cox Automotive solutions and clearly articulate the business case for partnering with Mobility Solutions. Quota and commissions will be based on booked monthly revenue sales. All new logo sales will be required to be sold on a contractual basis. Services will only be sold to fleet prospects with class 4 to 8 vehicles.
- Manage sales revenue goals of $6M of new logo sales.
- Retain and grow Cox Mobility Clients: Build long-term, trusting relationships with a range of senior contacts at all levels within assigned market fleet segments.
- Develop, maintain, and execute a strategic account plan for each assigned account driving penetration and revenue growth.
- Meet regularly with key decision-makers and stakeholders from each account to advise clients of business and industry trends while coordinating group goals, strategy, and multi-year co-solutioning road map.
- Help the C-suite and other key decision makers identify and establish a strategic roadmap or blueprint for business success and position Cox Automotive as the partner to help them achieve their vision and derive maximum value from their Cox Automotive.
- Work with the cross-functional partners and operations during new account launches, pilots, and projects.
- You will also serve as the escalation point for issues that impact the client’s success and are accountable for issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Responsible for the financial performance of New Logo Sales or a defined book of business.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly forecasts, Meet or Exceed target performance. Effectively utilize sales force as the point of record for forecasting and client engagement.
- Prepare and conduct effective meetings and presentations with C Suite and Board Room stakeholders.
- Determine the right frequency to meet with all assigned clients based on account plan(s), each client’s individual needs, as well as prioritization across all customers.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10 years of progressive experience in account management sales experience in a multi-platform product environment. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 8 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and up to 5 years of experience; or 14 years’ experience in a related field without a degree.
- 10 years of experience in up-selling products and services to medium, large and enterprise level accounts.
- Experience meeting and exceeding account retention and sales growth objectives
- Excellent time management, organization, and task prioritization skills.
- Collaborative team-selling experience.
- Ability to travel regularly (50-70% of the time for day and overnight trips) for client meetings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Executive Presence, experience selling to the C-Suite/Board Room.
- Strong Executive Presence.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Highly proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience in Class 4-8 Fleet Maintenance, Fleet Leasing, automotive, or mobility solutions (preferably fleet services, digital and/or subscription products).
- Proven experience partnering with Executives to mutually plan, prepare, and execute within a complex sales cycle.
- Experience in SAMA competencies.
- Demonstrated and complete understanding of Cox Automotive Mobility solutions; general understanding of all other Cox Automotive companies.
- Previous experience using Salesforce.com or other Customer Relationship Management system.
- Knowledge of automotive, automotive mobility and vehicle fleet operations strongly preferred.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.