Senior Manager, Cyber Compliance
If you’ve been searching for the chance to combine your leadership and technical know-how in a forward-thinking organization, look no further. We’re hiring a Senior Manager, Cyber Compliance: an energized collaborator who has a blend of general technology, security and audit competencies, with an emphasis on cybersecurity.
In this role, you’ll lead a team of two employees who will perform day-to-day governance of cybersecurity compliance. You’ll be responsible for understanding Cox’s cybersecurity compliance strategy, and engaging teams across the company to drive action toward it. Keep reading for details and apply today!
What’s In It For You?
Here’s a sneak peek of the benefits you could experience as a Cox employee:
- A competitive salary and top-notch bonus/incentive plans.
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- The chance to work with fascinating, cutting-edge platforms.
- Exceptional work-life balance, flexible time-off policies and accommodating work schedules.
- Comprehensive healthcare, with multiple options for individuals and families.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be a key driver for cyber compliance, managing the scoping and design of new security programs and championing them internally. Here’s a closer look at your responsibilities:
- Partnering with stakeholders to ensure alignment on security compliance strategy and initiatives.
- Facilitating audits to provide assurance and certification of security compliance obligations.
- Engaging within the organization to identify security gaps and status of remediation.
- Managing processes to track and report security compliance risks across varying levels of stakeholders, including risk owners and executive leadership.
- Managing routine governance of enterprise information security policies.
- Establishing security controls that align with compliance frameworks required to support business operations and enable sales.
- Managing processes for control owners to routinely attest to the design and effectiveness of activities supporting security compliance.
- Ensuring continuous improvement based on feedback, new technologies and process standards.
- Performing project management and change management duties, as assigned.
Who You Are
You have a strong background and understanding of information security technologies, and know how to translate a business agenda into technology terms (and vice versa). You bring the following skills to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 8 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 6 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 3 years’ experience in a related field; or 20 years’ experience in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a management or leadership role, including coaching, building consensus and managing resources.
- 8 years of experience working in information security controls, IT audit or security risk management.
- Experience creating executive presentations.
- Experience escalating risk issues to senior leadership.
- The ability to manage across teams to achieve desired business results.
- The ability to summarize and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
- A background in professional services/Big Four consulting.
- Experience working for a Fortune 500 company.
- Experience in the telecom/cable industry.
- At least one relevant industry certification (CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA).
Your search for a rewarding cybersecurity job ends here. Apply today and see what life at Cox is all about!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.