Our customers are the lifeblood of our business. In this role, you are the last line of defense, and the reason our customers stay with us. Through building meaningful relationships through each customer interaction, you’ll be able to retain, upgrade and/or add new services. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career where you’ll use your persuasive skillset to help our customers rediscover the value of their Cox services, this role will do exactly that. Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, may be the place for you and we’re hiring a Customer Retention Representative.
The Customer Retention Representative is a full-time position currently working in the office with the possibility to have flexible work from home options long-term. This role can require office-based work or a combination of work from home and office-based work at any time based on business needs. Call center hours of operation are 5am – 8pm, Mon – Fri and 6am – 6pm, Sat and Sun; shift schedule will be determined at time of hire and subject to change.
As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual salary amount of $53,430 . This reflects the fulltime hourly base rate of at least $15.88 and target commission is $1,700 a month. Employees also receive a ramp period of 2 months to adjust to commission earnings.
You must live within the area of Phoenix, AZ.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll take calls from customers who are considering downgrading or disconnecting, listening to their concerns and steering them toward solutions so that we can turn the corner on their experience with us
- You’ll have transparent conversations to help customers understand the value of existing Cox products and services while uncovering the need to add additional products and services.
- Along the way, you’ll also reaffirm the needs of each customer’s household and influence or solidify the why Cox products and services satisfy their needs.
- You’ll upsell, cross-sell, and work to retain every customer with whom you interact
- You’ll negotiate pricing and identify new opportunities while actively engaging in conversation about our competitors and the value Cox provides (following company guidelines, of course)
- You’ll use our customer database to tailor solutions and help customers understand their billing
What’s In It For You?
How do we retain our Retention Reps? Well, when it comes to our employees, we understand that keeping you onboard begins with keeping you happy. Here are just a few ways we do our best to keep you here:
- First, there’s Cox’s highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet, and discounts on other Cox services valued at up to $300 per month. We offer tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you”. At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities within the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
You’re a persistent and resilient individual, who understands that change is a part of every salesperson’s life, and you not only adapt, but look forward to change. You’re driven and influential, utilizing those skills of persuasion to negotiate with customers and help them find products and services that fit their needs while maintaining revenue. You understand that value is the most important part of any sales offer, and you’re not afraid to talk about price or the competition, because you know your offer has value. You’re a self-starter, who has a familiarity with technology. Your sales approach is consultative because you understand that the customer doesn’t always know what’s available to them, so digging deep and understanding their needs is more valuable than just taking their order.
- High school diploma, GED, or relevant work experience
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams
- Excellent ability to persuade others through indirect influence
- Ability to seek out opportunities and take initiative with little or no direction
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous business environment
- Ability to establish customer relationships in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- 1+ years in a sales quota or retention environment
- 2+ years’ experience in related field (i.e. Retail, Training, Indirect Sales, etc.)
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.