Network Engineer II-Blueprint RF
Blueprint RF, part of the Cox family of businesses, supplies smart IT services to the hospitality industry with proprietary solutions and services that integrate technology with hotel design to heighten the guest experience. We’re looking for a Network Engineer II who’s excited by innovative Wireless technology, secure in their technical methodology and is interested in the hospitality industry. If this sounds like you, keep reading for details.
What’s In It For You?
Here’s a sneak peek of the benefits you could experience as a Cox employee:
- A competitive salary and top-notch bonus/incentive plans.
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- The chance to work with fascinating, cutting-edge platforms.
- Exceptional work-life balance, flexible time-off policies and accommodating work schedules.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, with multiple options for individuals and families.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
What You’ll Do
You’ll design and test Wireless network architectures. You’ll test and validate code functionality. In short? You’ll be surrounded by the type of work you love. Other responsibilities include:
- Assessing and defining testing strategy and test cases.
- Assisting in equipment evaluations, equipment selection, pilot testing and network designs to ensure reliability and scaled expansion of the Wireless network.
- Assisting in preparing engineering cost analysis.
- Supporting deployments of new services, systems, applications and architectures with installation, configuration, integration, evaluation, testing, documentation and training.
- Resolving outage and trouble conditions on Wireless network platforms.
- Providing technical operations support and consultation to field technical operations teams.
- Providing telecommunication solutions.
- Conducting equipment evaluations, equipment selection, pilot testing and Wireless network designs.
- Providing detailed engineering support and consultation to other departments.
- Developing Wireless network element technical specifications.
- Supporting new product deployments with installation, integration, testing, documentation and training.
- Configuring router and switch technologies.
- Establishing Wireless network performance measurements and goals.
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure the Wireless network is available and configured to exceed market demands.
- Developing methods and procedures for equipment migration.
Who You Are
You’re passionate about tech and engineering. You’ve got a natural curiosity and a knack for troubleshooting. You have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 2 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and up to 2 years' experience; or 6 years' experience in a related field.
- Wi-Fi/wireless network experience
- A working knowledge of transmission, switching, powering, grounding, mechanical and cabling.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 year experience developing and maintaining detailed network designs and documentation.
- 1 year experience troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Experience in telecommunications and/or hospitality industry.
- Certifications: Cisco ISE, NRS II, CCNP, JNCIP, A+, Net, CWNA or a brand version of it, Fortinet NSE 4, CCNA and/or a brand cert from Ruckus or Aruba, i.e. RCNI / Aruba ACSP, Meraki CMNS, Nomadix Gateway Advanced
- Experience leading projects to enhance the Wireless network capability for existing and future services.
Ready for a winning career with Cox? Apply today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.