Cox Communications is looking for a (Radio Access Network) RAN Network Engineer to aid our Wireless Engineering team in the deployment of our state-of-the-art 5G NR Stand Alone networks. We are looking for engineers with insatiable thirst for new and innovative technology who will embrace projects within the Wireless Engineering team that includes the following activities: Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) RAN production and lab network support, QA engineering and test, FWA CPE engineering and Cox MVNO small cell underlay network engineering. With the growth of our team, and roadmap maturity, the Wireless Engineering support will continue to change allowing team members the opportunity for great personal growth. Individual will have proven wireless industry expertise and knowledge in successfully supporting projects to completion by working in tandem with our Lead Engineers who will be accountable for engineering project oversight and will report to the Wireless Engineering Director.
- Work in tandem with RAN Lead engineer to support the planning, design, build, performance and test activities with regards to our wireless programs that are focused on both FWA and MVNO underlay small cell offload networks and will include the use or support of: RAN 5G NR equipment, FWA-CPE, UE lab test devices, CBRS SAS vendors, RF test equipment, spectrum analyzers, RF propagation tools, network traffic analytics and interference mitigation for various unlicensed and licensed spectrum solutions.
- Clearly understand technical problems and define solutions to mitigate those problems.
- Methodically scope, troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix complex problems as required on Cox wireless networks while minimizing customer impacts and outages.
- Partner with peer Engineering team members to gain in-depth understanding of proposed changes to hardware, software or configurations and associated implications.
- Quickly understand preliminary product/platform concepts or high-level designs and subsequently author technical requirements as necessary based on those understandings.
- Support test strategy, and develop specific test cases, execute tests, revisit design as necessary and document results.
- Assess and continually improve lab methods and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Science Engineering and 2 years of experience as a technical engineer in the Wireless Communications Industry. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and up to 2 years’ experience; or 6 years’ experience in a related field
- Fundamental knowledge in LTE and 5G NR 3GPP standards, protocol, and wireless OEM architectures
- Intermediate background in network performance management of wireless networks responsible for improvement and maintenance of network KPI’s through data analysis, RF testing and fault isolation.
- Knowledge in the design, optimization, performance management; operating of large-scale service provider wireless networks; or experience with a Wireless OEM RAN vendor that supported its Mobile Network Operating customers with broad wireless mobility technology experience that should include LTE and/or 5G NR networks.
- Fundamental knowledge in all packet-based protocols such as TCP/IP (including protocols like DHCP, DNS, TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Master of Science in Electrical or Computer Science Engineering and 5 years of experience as a technical engineer in the Wireless Communications Industry
- Knowledge in Network Monitoring Systems and Device/Network Management Systems, like SNMP, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge in scripting like shell, Python and Perl.
- Knowledge in DOCSIS access and provisioning technologies.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.