This role will partner with the Regional Sales teams as appropriate. National Account Manager territory to include, but not limited to the assigned named accounts and/or geographical areas.
The National Account Manager will ensure new and existing customers continue using Dickinson as their preferred provider via repeat business sales and maintenance management contract renewals.
What You'll Do
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets
- Develop annual plans to manage, grow, and retain assigned account revenue and contractual relationships.
- Investigate, qualify, pursue, and close upsell and cross-sell opportunities to meet or exceed revenue quota.
- Develop, maintain, and expand account relationships through effective sales and marketing activities. Develop a deep understanding of account organizations, decision-making, and business priorities to align Dickinson solutions to meet the ongoing needs of the client. Grow S&S revenue as account needs change. Develop vertical industry knowledge to develop innovative solutions to customer needs.
- Use the Challenger-based selling approach to manage and successfully close complex sales opportunities.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to provide feedback to clients on industry trends, strategies, and challenges.
- Manage sales activities via CRM, build and manage active pipeline, submit accurate monthly forecasting.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
What’s In It For You?
As a dynamite Client Success Manager, you deserve success in your life as well, and at Cox, we define “success” as being a part of a company that gives you lots of opportunities and options.
- First, we’ve created an exceptional salary package , plus additional incentives including highly sought-after yearly sales awards and recognition for our top salespeople. We are an inclusive , sales-friendly environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated.
- We believe in taking good care of our team. You’ll also have access to benefits like an impressive base salary with an uncapped commission , 401(K) with company matching contributions, and quality healthcare & life insurance options .
- Work/Life Balance: Cox gives you flexible paid-time-off and provides access to a lifestyle coach, adoption assistance, fertility assistance, pet insurance, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Come join an organization that is pushing the boundaries of the automotive industry in all directions. We are a powerhouse in providing software, inventory, digital, and mobility solutions to our clients with an exciting future of continued growth.
Who You Are:
You’re a self-starting, consulting, and closing crusader who knows how to win clients and keep them. You love being on the road, connecting with people, and bringing solutions to their doorsteps. You structure each day for success and each relationship with care.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
- 5+ years in a customer relationship, sales role servicing large accounts with minimum annual sales revenue of $1M or more.
- Demonstrated track record of sales growth and account relationship management, including expanding accounts nationally as well as incremental sales in an assigned account.
- Experience with contractual services sales and account retention and renewal processes, ideally with business process outsourcing.
- Ability to develop senior-level relationships (functional and C-suite) to drive effective sales conversations relevant to customer demands and business drivers.
- Strong team leadership skills to orchestrate total company solutions, including exceptions, specials, or adaptation of service offerings to meet customer and/or competitive needs.
- Foundational financial literacy skills. Ability to review P&L, 10k, and other financial documents and interpret revenue, cost, and margin trends effectively.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation) required.
- Experience utilizing CRM technology.
- Must be willing and able to commit to extensive travel; up to 50% travel (day and overnight trips).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and digital literacy with social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn.
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
- Ability to tailor communication to the clients needs.
- Ability to systematically solve problems and hypothesize possible client pain points, expectations, and needs.
- Understanding and demonstration of Challenger skills.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.