The National Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales objectives, growing accounts to ensure ongoing business continuity and customer satisfaction. The National Account Manager role has been created to manage sales relationships at the largest accounts, including S&S as well as Maintenance Management contractual customers. The primary purpose of this role is account growth, retention, and contractual renewal through sustained effective sales relationships.
This role will partner with the Regional Sales teams as appropriate. National Account Manager territory to include, but not limited to the assigned named accounts and/or geographical areas.
The National Account Manager will ensure new and existing customers continue using Dickinson as their preferred provider via repeat business sales and maintenance management contract renewals.Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets
- Develop annual plans to manage, grow, and retain assigned account revenue and contractual relationships.
- Investigate, qualify, pursue, and close upsell and cross-sell opportunities to meet or exceed revenue quota.
- Develop, maintain, and expand account relationships through effective sales and marketing activities. Develop a deep understanding of account organizations, decision-making, and business priorities to align Dickinson solutions to meet the ongoing needs of the client. Grow S&S revenue as account needs change. Develop vertical industry knowledge to develop innovative solutions to customer needs.
- Use the Challenger-based selling approach to manage and successfully close complex sales opportunities.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to provide feedback to clients on industry trends, strategies, and challenges.
- Manage sales activities via CRM, build and manage active pipeline, submit accurate monthly forecasting.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
Experience & Specialized Knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
- Travel within an assigned sales territory will be required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Positive attitude, high energy, passion, and a competitive spirit – you should be driven to win and close deals.
- 5+ years in a customer relationship, sales role servicing large accounts with minimum annual sales revenue of $1M or more.
- Demonstrated track record of sales growth and account relationship management, including expanding accounts nationally as well as incremental sales in an assigned account.
- Experience with contractual services sales and account retention and renewal processes, ideally with business process outsourcing.
- Ability to develop senior-level relationships (functional and C-suite) to drive effective sales conversations relevant to customer demands and business drivers.
- Strong team leadership skills to orchestrate “total company” solutions, including exceptions, specials, or adaptation of service offerings to meet customer and/or competitive needs.
- Foundational financial literacy skills. Ability to review P&L, 10k, and other financial documents and interpret revenue, cost, and margin trends effectively.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation) required.
- Experience utilizing CRM technology.
- Must be willing and able to commit to extensive travel; up to 50% travel (day and overnight trips).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and digital literacy with social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn.
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
- Ability to tailor communication to the client’s needs.
- Ability to systematically solve problems and hypothesize possible client pain points, expectations, and needs.
- Understanding and demonstration of Challenger skills.
You do great work for us, so It’s only fair we offer you incentives that inspire you to live your best life.
- You’ll be rewarded with highly competitive pay , plus other compensation perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., flexible time off policy, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, pet insurance and more…)
- Work/Life Balance. Job flexibility is central to our culture because team members have different working styles and important stuff going on outside the office, too.
- Smart and creative colleagues, plus ongoing learning opportunities. You’ll have the tools and team you need to do your job well without a lot of red tape. Plus, we know how important it is for you to stay brushed up on your financial knowledge and skills, so we invest in your ongoing training along the way to make sure you have what need to help you along your career path.
- Boundless career opportunities for lateral and upward movement across a high-performing enterprise spanning diverse industries. You’ll have the chance to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.