The Sr. Data Engineer designs, builds and oversees deployment and operation of AWS Cloud solutions to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from multiple Cox Automotive data sources. Utilizing Snowflake establishes and builds data structures based on business and technical requirements to meet analysis, reporting and analytical needs across Cox Automotive, all while ensuring integrity of the data.
What you'll be doing:
- Provides Data Engineering support for areas such as Finance, Sales, Business Intelligence, Product Development and/or other business users.
- Works with data consumers and Project Managers to determine logical and physical database designs for analytics models.
- Creates and maintains optimal data pipeline architectures.
- Ensures architectures are aligned with and support business requirements.
- Ensures that required data is available, can be trusted and is readily accessible by those who need it.
- Influences the data infrastructure roadmap.
- Identifies, designs and implements internal data management process improvements.
- Plays a key role in application development projects to evolve the company’s database architecture and design.
- Works with internal and external data providers on data validation, providing feedback and making customized changes to data feeds and data mappings for analytical and operational use.
- Automates manual processes, transforming them into repeatable capabilities.
- Works with fellow team members to ensure design, development and execution align with and support adjacencies and adhere to established architectural standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus 4+ years of relevant work experience; or a Master's degree plus 2+ years of relevant work experience; or a PhD plus 0-1 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of a degree, qualified candidates would require 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent with SQL.
- Excellent programming skills in Python and ideally demonstrating an aptitude via experience with multiple languages.
- Excellent understanding of patterns for data ingest into data warehouse, ingest, cleansing, standardizing, etc., in addition to different data structures like normalized, denormalized, star.
- Excellent experience supporting Snowflake Data Warehouse, including Snowpipe (including streams), tasks, transformations, views, dynamic tables. This should include advanced skills in ensuring efficient utilization of Snowflake compute and the ability to optimize workloads and warehouse.
- Broad experience with Cloud PaaS capabilities, ideally AWS CloudWatch, Lambda, Step Functions, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience utilizing reporting and data insights tools.
- Experience in supporting analytics teams data needs, in addition to customer and business reporting.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.