This position supervises and directs the daily activities and personnel involved in the transportation operations on Big Island to ensure the efficient, orderly and timely movement of vehicles to and from the auction, pier and various dealerships/locations.
Location Address: 74-4702 Kamanu St, Kailua Kona, 96740
- Coordinate and direct the safe and efficient transportation of customer vehicles to and from the Auction and other designated areas.
- Contact customers to determine vehicle availability and condition and schedule the pick-up and delivery.
- Determine outstanding pick-ups, compile data and generate transporter and account aging reports for the department manager.
- Oversee the van records, maintenance schedules, licensing, etc.
- Coordinate department activities with customer account representatives and transporters.
- Interact with customers, develop new business for Manheim Hawaii, and resolve problems that may occur in the transportation process.
- Complete Weekly Activity Report
- Maintain Inventory Report
- Maintain good customer relations with the various Dealerships; Rent a Car companies and Pier personnel.
- Work closely with the Oahu operation to insure all CR’s for vehicles are completed, cars are properly checked in and shipped timely.
- Assist with the transportation handling of arbitrated vehicles when a dispute arises by scheduling transportation of arbitrated vehicle to a third-party vendor.
- Work with Repossession Department to assist with incoming vehicles, redemptions and personal property.
- Supervise and direct the work of transportation employees by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties and monitoring work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Oversee hours worked, compliance with DOL requirements and timely submission of timesheets for neighbor island staff.
- Oversee lot location, office lease, telephone, internet etc. and anything else required keeping the island of Big Island fully operational.
- Work in conjunction with Transportation Manager in hiring of neighbor island staff, counseling and disciplining employees as necessary. Under the direction of the manager, plan, monitor and evaluate employee job performance, and assist manager in conducting performance appraisals.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with team. Ensure compliance with all State and Federal OSHA requirements and timely reporting of workplace and vehicular accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 3 years’ experience in a related field; a master's degree and 1 year of experience; or a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience
- 3 - 4 years experience as an administrative and/or operations supervisor in the transportation or trucking industry, or dispatching experience required.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills required.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required
- Knowledge of transportation and DMV laws and regulations required.
- Auction experience and knowledge of overall Auction functions preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Medium strength.
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.)
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts hazard and fumes. Moderate noise level.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.