This role is for a Site-Reliability / DevOps Engineer II, working within the Manheim Delivery Enablement SRE organization, providing services to various application teams across the Core Services Delivery Stream.
- Partner closely with several application teams to assist in the development and curation of Infrastructure as Code, promoting practices and tooling which enhance the secure and efficient release of reliable software applications
- Have an irresistible compulsion to automate EVERYTHING – testing, deploying, monitoring, etc.
- Can take a complex and possibly ill-defined problem and produce a technically reasonable solution.
- Shamelessly don’t know everything, having a keen sense of the balance between connecting the dots yourself and reaching out to the team for perspective in the name of expedience and efficiency.
- Display a strong sense of ownership for the work you produce.
- Are a champion of and well-versed in the value and practice of blameless post-mortems, always iterating toward increased Reliability.
- Are self-aware. You realize we are all growing together, and we want to help each other do exactly that – you win when we win
- BA/BS degree in related field and 2 years of related work experience.
- Must be in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
- Thoroughly steeped in Agile practices.
- Experience in Java or C languages or Python.
- Experience with Amazon AWS technologies and CI/CD tools.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of drive.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment.
- Background with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform and CloudFormation).
- Working experience in software development and architecture/solutioning.
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills.
- Strong Linux/Unix background.
- Experience with Amazon AWS technologies including: ECS, EC2, IAM, Lambda, Cognito, WAF, Elasticache (Redis), Elasticsearch, RDS, DynamoDB,SNS, SQS, S3, Systems Manager.
- Experience with different database engines – MySQL, Postgres, Aurora-MySQL, Aurora-Postgres.
- Experience with with CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, Github Actions, Jenkins.
- Experience with monitoring/alerting/ observability tools such as: New Relic, Datadog, Splunk PagerDuty.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.