*** If you have any questions or to connect with a recruiter while your application is being reviewed, please Text DFS2 to 317-597-8130 ***
Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
To support growth of the company, CAMFS is currently hiring a Sr. Mobile Trailer Technician to join our team! This is a dedicated on-site position and we do not provide emergency side of the road type of repairs. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you! The Sr Mobile Trailer Technician will be responsible for performing certified DOT inspections, Preventative Maintenance inspections, light and advanced repairs, and other duties as assigned such as aluminum and chem-lite, trailer brakes, air lines, auxiliary pumps and engines, liftgates, brake chambers, welding, fabrication, replacement of panels, body and framework. Work performed at the customer's site. Heavily relied upon for advanced diagnostics and triage of complicated repairs by Mobile Trailer Technician I/II. Considered the Lead on jobsites by customers and Technicians. Functions as a consultant on the customer's behalf. A successful Sr Mobile Trailer Technician complies with all company policies and achieves high level performance metrics.
- Always follows and complies with safe operating practices and procedures.
- Independently manage parts inventory and equipment provided on company-issued service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Maintain and operate company-issued service vehicle, conduct safety checks, and pre-/post-trip inspections of vehicle.
- Applies knowledge that is acquired through formal training or on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
- Work with and listen effectively to clients and customers to assess their needs, providing information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfying their expectations.
- Manage concurrent assigned tasks, making effective judgments as to prioritizing work related activities and time allocations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate honesty and keep commitments. Behave in a consistent manner, keeping sensitive information confidential and adhering to ethical and professional standards.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs on trailers and equipment in a mobile/field environment.
- Respond to call center dispatched unscheduled service and maintenance request.
- Use hand tools, precision instruments, as well as Trailer tools, welding equipment, and jacks.
- Document according to company standards and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company issued iOS device and our proprietary TRAIT application
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most Standard Repair Times.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Communicate with management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain company issued service truck, conduct safety checks and daily pre/post trip inspections.
- Perform minor adjustment and repairs on various types of trailers equipment and systems including, but not limited to the following: aluminum and chem-lite, trailer brakes, air lines, auxiliary pumps and engines, liftgates, and brake chambers
- Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Remain up to date on safety protocols and procedures.
- Diagnose, adjust, and perform repairs on various types of trailer equipment, and systems including, but not limited to the following: aluminum and chem-lite, trailer brakes, air lines, auxiliary pumps and engines, liftgates, brake chambers, welding, fabrication, replacement of panels, body, and framework.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information, using sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Assist Mobile Trailer Technician I with diagnostics.
- Support Mobile Trailer Technicians I & II in inventory reconciliation.
- Advises Mobile Trailer Technicians I & II on Technical issues.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information, using sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations.
- Assist Mobile Trailer Technician I/II with diagnostics.
- Perform advanced diagnostics and triage of complicated repairs by Mobile Trailer Technicians I/II.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate
could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS
diploma/GED in a related discipline and 3 years’ experience; or 7 years’ experience in a related field.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet Cox Automotive Mobility minimum driving qualification standards.
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or within 72 hours of hire
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- OEM training and certifications are preferred.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Participate in and complete all-in company required training
REQUIRED OR OBTAINED WITHIN 18 MONTHS
- ASE T8 (PMI) certification
- ASE 608/609 certification*
- CDL-A License
- ASE T4 (Brakes) certification
- ASE T5 (Suspension) certification
- ASE T6 (Electrical and Electronic Systems)
- ASE T7 (HVAC) certification
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of trailer parts and systems, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance, to make repairs or perform maintenance services.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to lift, bend, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time; ability to perform moderately heavy laboring work
- Ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time without tiring, which may include performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to accurately judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from the observer, or the distance between an object and the observer.
- Ability to communicate information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner. Engages in effective two-way communication with individuals and groups.
- Ability to determine the type of tools and equipment needed.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
WHY COX AUTOMOTIVE MOBILITY FLEET SERVICES?
- $28 - 38+ hourly depending on experience and location.
- Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Extreme weather gear (Cold & Hot)
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
- Laptop & company cellphone provided
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.