Getting to do something you love, all while making a difference in the world? That’s what we call a win-win!
If you’re passionate about tech and are ready to make a real impact, you might be Cox’s next Senior Cloud Network Engineer . In addition to testing complex voice, data and video networks, you’ll collaborate with fellow engineers on strategic network assessments based on emerging trends. You’ll conduct equipment evaluations, provide technical support and will even dabble in the cloud/virtualization space. Keep reading for details and apply today!
What’s In It For You?
Here’s a sneak peek of the benefits you could experience as a Cox employee:
- A competitive salary and top-notch bonus/incentive plans.
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- The chance to work with fascinating, cutting-edge platforms.
- Exceptional work-life balance, flexible time-off policies and accommodating work schedules.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, with multiple options for individuals and families.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
What You’ll Do
In a nutshell, you’ll evaluate, test and analyze network hardware and software components for new product offerings, network growth and customer-specific applications. Here’s a run-down of your key responsibilities:
- Developing requirements and align tactical solutions with Cox product offerings.
- Performing evaluation and implementation tasks associated with new services and features.
- Assessing and define testing strategy and test cases.
- Documenting, building and executing test plans to qualify vendor solutions.
- Implementing plans that enhance technical operation, comply with regulations and permit the deployment of new technology.
- Compiling documentation to support personnel in the maintenance and operation of the network.
- Understanding integration opportunities and constraints and vendor provided software (system software, middleware, APIs and applications).
- Conducting extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of Access Network elements.
- Troubleshooting problems identified in lab testing and drive them to resolution. This includes working with lab test and measurement equipment used to test and troubleshoot IP networks, RF, DOCSIS, etc.
- Documenting technical evaluations, deployment procedures, technical guidelines and troubleshooting procedures.
Who You Are
You’re a born problem-solver who enjoys pivoting between diverse projects. You have familiarity and experience with virtualized networking and cloud environments, as well as with distributed access architecture (DAA). You also bring the following qualifications to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of engineering or IT,
- OR Master’s of Science in a related discipline + 2 years of experience,
- OR PhD + 1 year of relevant experience.
- Hands-On experience in Open Source Cloud Computing, Software-Defined Networking(SDN), and Network Function Virtualization(NFV).
- Strong experience with Linux CLI.
- Knowledge in IP network engineering, with experience in packet-based protocols such as TCP/IP, and MPLS and routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP4.
- BS/BA in engineering or computer science.
- CCNA and CCNP certification.
- Experience in DOCSIS network testing and evaluation.
- Experience working in a Multiple Systems Operator (MSO) environment.
- Experience with CableLabs/SCTE specifications and working groups.
Ready for a winning career with Cox? Apply today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.