Work includes managing a crew by prioritizing projects, assigning work tasks, using equipment, maintaining records, monitoring work quality and work schedules, insuring crew safety, training employees, and providing performance feedback.
- Orient and instruct new drivers regarding their job duties and assist supervisor in assigning and directing the work of employees..
- Communicate with supervisor or manager to assure proper flow of vehicles and maintain log of stock numbers for each vehicle moved and its lot location.
- Communicate assignments to the crew members.
- Coordinate move requirements with lot manager and quadrant coordinator.
- Assist supervisor in making sure that sale lanes properly staged and parked.
- Manage vans and transporting drivers to locations. Ensure timely pick-up and drop-off of employees and vehicles by transporting them according to schedule to their proper work destinations.
- Perform daily maintenance and routine checks of the van and clean and service the vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline.
OR 5 years’ experience in a related field
“Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.”
Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
Basic mechanical knowledge of identifying (i.e., flat tires, low gas, jump-starting vehicles.)
6 months of auction or driving experience preferred.
Knowledge of lot operations/lot layout preferred.
Knowledge of LDM preferred.
Required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear, vision abilities required to include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
Must be able to walk long distances.
Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.