The Financial Data Analyst II role requires someone with understanding in reporting, analysis, and metrics. The role requires comfortability in working with larger, complex projects and independent decision-making. The role will partner with cross-functional teams and stakeholders across many departments within Cox Communications to solicit business requirements that they will translate into technical reporting solutions. This role is cross functional role that involves a bit of financial analytics, data engineering, and data science.
This role requires someone who is eager to learn and willing to develop business acumen and new technical skills and techniques quickly. The ideal candidate is someone who has strengths in one or more of these areas and is looking to expand them.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Writes SQL code to automate reports and templates and consolidate data into reports and knowledge. If not fluent in SQL a comparable programming language like Python/Java is acceptable but must have understanding/experience with databases.
- Writes reports, creates charts in Tableau, PowerBI, Excel, or other similar data visual tools.
- Consolidates complex data into simple to understand dashboards, reports, and presentations.
- Develops financial and statistical analysis models for forecasting distribution of spend, resource allocations, and project efficiencies.
- Develops timelines in support of department or business operations.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves discrepancies in reports and datasets. Resolute attention to detail.
- Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies, process improvements, and assists in policy development to support change initiatives.
- Facilitates meetings and presentations to leadership.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and up to 2 years’ experience; or 6 years’ experience in a related field with no degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of data/analytic software/languages/tools; e.g., SQL, Python, SageMaker, Spark, R, etc. Experience with writing complex queries/algorithms in at least one of these environments
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- BS/BA degree or higher in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related field, or 2-3 years applied experience.
- Experience in coding in languages such as SQL, Python, Java, VB, .NET
- Experience building data workflows in analytical ETL tools such as SQL, Informatica, Alteryx, Python, Tableau Prep, SSIS, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Experience in statistical modeling, Six Sigma, or other statistical concepts
- Experience in Machine Learning/AI, Neural Networks, Cloud Computing (AWS/Azure)
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.