Seeking an experienced tax executive to oversee our Tax Reporting and Technology function. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of tax experience driving process and technology initiatives, a fluent understanding of ASC740 concepts, demonstrated ability to influence organizational change across a company, and exceptional executive communication skills.
- Supervise enterprise-wide tax provision and compliance activities, develop an appropriate risk profile, and ensure processes, tax reporting activities and global control functions align with that profile.
- Establish a strategy and future-state road map for increasing automation for all tax department functions. This will include directing organizational process change across divisions related to the reporting of accounting data.
- Oversee enterprise cash tax forecasts and risk schedules, align accountability across tax functions to those forecasts, and proactively drive responses to changing inputs (e.g., business operations, legislation, technology, personnel) to ensure the company stays on target.
- Maintain relationships with key Cox executives to ensure: i) awareness of Cox business plans and alignment of tax strategy with operational goals and ii) that business leaders view tax as a value-added partner.
- Influence executive leadership to drive operational and accounting changes that support the adoption and integration of tax strategies.
- Manage relationships with outside tax advisors and auditors
- Monitor and respond to tax legislation, IRS rulings, and court decisions, and proactively inform executive leadership about risks and intended mitigation strategies
- Develop a long-term strategy for succession planning for a team of directors, managers, and staff that includes retention, advancement, and recruitment; identify and address talent gaps
- Potential for additional responsibilities and career growth within the Tax organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 14 years’ experience in a related field; CPA/Masters preferred. The right candidate could also have a different combination of education and experience in a related field
- 14+ years of experience in tax at a large corporation or public accounting firm
- Demonstrated experience with tax accounting issues and audit management
- Proven successes driving technology initiatives and related process improvements
- Working knowledge of tax issues in M&A and partnership taxation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, team management and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex tax concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.