***This position is a residential sales position and does require door to door sales. You must live in the Las Vegas area.***
The Territory Sales Representative role is an opportunity to channel your formidable energy and entrepreneurial swagger into extraordinary sales experiences, helping customers from the starting gate to the finish line with our cutting-edge products and services. In this consultative sales role, you will provide solutions by selling Cox data, video, home security & voice services to residential customers while managing your assigned territory .
Ambitious? To you, meeting new people and closing deals are second nature, and a little friendly competition is your favorite fuel. If this sounds like someone you see in the mirror each morning, then you may be a solid contender for a gig as a Territory Sales Representative.
We are Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, and our teams are driving a wave of innovation and reimagining how we connect with our customers.
What You’ll Do
As a Territory Sales Representative, you’ll have the opportunity to generate new leads, sales, and upgrades. That means becoming a wiz at sales prospecting, referrals, partner relationships, and door to door canvassing and networking through an assigned territory. You’ll be the architect of your own face-to-face sales presentations, from creation to delivery, and you’ll be involved in touchpoints from assessing residential customers needs to closing the sale.
- Get to know and grow with homeowner associations, multi-dwelling unit managers, leasing agents and others to help generate sales.
- Get to assist with training new hires, team with other departments, and partner with leadership to unearth new approaches to growth.
- Occasionally install or disconnect customer telecommunication services, collect payments and equipment from customers.
- Work non-traditional work hours to maximize customer contact opportunities.
- Of course, you’ll need to maintain the highest ethical standards, follow company policy, and be a professional when representing us, taking ownership of the customer experience.
Sounds like a lot, huh? Well, with great responsibility comes…great rewards and recognition. What’s in it for you? Keep reading because this is important too!
What’s In It For You
As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual amount of $65000. This reflects the full-time salary base rate of at least $28000 and target commission is $2708 a month. There is potential to earn up to and beyond $81,701 annually as a high performer. Employees also receive a ramp period of 2 months to adjust to commission earnings.
Cox Communications rewards the talented, hard-working folks that help drive our growth. We’ve created an exceptional salary package, plus additional incentives including the highly-sought-after Winner’s Circle reward for top salespeople. We are an inclusive, pro-sales environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated. Tools and training to up your game? We’ve got them. And we offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy things like family, friends, and lots of flexibility.
We believe in taking good care of our team, so you’ll also have access to benefits like a 401(K) with company match, quality healthcare & life insurance, performance and recognition rewards for top salespeople, and coverage of travel expenses. We also know that everyone has unique concerns and priorities as we navigate life and manage our overall physical, mental and financial well-being, so we offer access to a lifestyle coach, paid time off to volunteer, employee discounts and even pet insurance (cool, right)?
Bottom line, we take good care of our employees. Want to join us? Here’s who we are looking for…
Who You Are
You’re energetic; always on the move. You love a fast-paced work environment, and you like being outside and building relationships in the field. You relish new challenges, you’re competitive, and you’re ready to conquer the world. You’re also an ethical, organized and analytical person who enjoys meeting and working with diverse groups of people.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- High school diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- Valid state driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation and proof of insurance
- Ability to qualify for Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws, to sell Home Security
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to operate a Smart Phone, iPad and a computer
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather: heat, cold, rain, snow, etc
- Ability to walk 1 ½ or more miles a day and up and down stairs within your residential territory
- Must be able to carry an iPad with case and a light bag with marketing materials for 5 plus hours a day
- BS/BA degree
- Knowledge of local market with established local contacts
- 1+ years of outside/field sales/door to door or related experience with quota requirements
- Experience in residential direct sales, home security or telecommunications industry
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.