Cox Automotive is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our Manheim team! This is a full-time position based in our Atlanta, GA office. We work a hybrid schedule, with the expectation that team members to report into our Atlanta office 1-2 times per week.
We are migrating data from Oracle to Snowflake and seeking a Senior Data Engineer with extensive hands on experience with Oracle database, Snowflake cloud platforms, building data pipelines, and a very strong SQL knowledge.
• Applies advanced knowledge of Data Engineering principles, methodologies and techniques to design and implement data loading and aggregation frameworks.
• Gathers and processes raw, structured, semi-structured and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
• Strong hands-on knowledge of Snowflake.
• Creates and maintains optimal data pipeline architectures.
• Ensures that required data is available, can be trusted and is readily accessible by those who need it.
• Influences the data infrastructure roadmap.
• Identifies, designs and implements internal data management process improvements.
• Drives the implementation of tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
• Plays a key role in application development projects to evolve the company’s database architecture and design.
• Automates manual processes, transforming them into repeatable capabilities.
• Designs, develops and implements dashboards and reports to facilitate data review and analysis.
• Data Model Design and Integration to support various Manheim Product lines related to operational functions for physical and digital auctions.
• Query optimization and performance tune ups.
• Backfilling / fixing large volume data.
• Detect and fix data discrepancies/ mismatch from the source systems.
Minimum Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus at least 4 years of relevant work experience
In lieu of a degree, qualified candidates would require 8+ years of relevant professional experience
Substantial experience with Snowflake Cloud Data Platform, Oracle Database, SQL and building data pipelines
- Use of Data Analysis/Exploration/Intelligence tools like Power BI, BOBJ or Tableau
- Alert creation based on Data quality/discrepancies
- Design and maintenance of data pipelines using DBT
- Full lifecycle application development related to middleware and enterprise data movement
- Ability to develop scalable production-ready data integration and processing solutions
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.