Lead Data Analytics Engineer
To build a better future, first we need to understand where we’ve been. That’s the power of data in our world — and where your expertise comes in.
We’re hiring a Lead Data Engineer to join our Process Intelligence and Effectiveness team at Cox. In this role, you’ll help us develop and implement a data effectiveness framework, leveraging ETL and insights to optimize processes and lead transformative projects.
Ready to make an impact? Apply today!
What’s In It for You?
Here’s a sneak peek of the benefits you’d receive as Cox employee:
- A competitive salary and top-notch bonus/incentive plans.
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- The chance to work with exciting, cutting-edge platforms.
- Exceptional work-life balance, flexible time-off policies and accommodating work schedules.
- Comprehensive healthcare, with multiple options for individuals and families.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be the driving force behind ongoing improvements within our technology department, harnessing data to create positive change. Here’s a closer look at how you’ll make an impact:
- Define, develop and monitor KPIs and other metrics to ensure our processes align with organizational goals.
- Build proactive monitoring around data variances to identify trends and anomalies and make recommendations for further improvements.
- Support the design and implementation of an architecture that enables efficient data storage, integration, retrieval, and analysis
- Build data marts and generate insights to identify areas for improvement in our business processes, automations and other factors that impact business performance.
- Drive data effectiveness projects from start to finish, including the development of project plans, managing timelines, designing and building data curation processes and generating insights working along with cross-functional teams.
- Provide data-backed process improvement recommendations to leadership within the organization, presenting insights in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide leadership support and guidance to the Process Design and Improvement team, helping to develop skills and capabilities.
Who You Are
You understand that the true power of data lies in its ability to shape the future — and you’re passionate about sharing your experience and insights with others. Here’s what you bring to the table:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years of experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years of experience; a PhD and 1 year of experience; or 10 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience with data ingestion, data prepping/structuring and data analysis.
- Lead experience in source system data analysis, designing data models and ETL pipelines using either ETL tools, Spark processes or Python Shell for data ingestion and reporting.
- Proficiency with data integration, data management and data visualization tools and software (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience preparing reports and visualizations, along with communicating findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with writing and optimizing SQL and other queries against Structured and unstructured datasets, as well as troubleshooting and handling data-related technical issues
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong knowledge of industry trends and best practices related to process improvement and automation
- Experience using python/pyspark for data transformation and ETL pipelines
- Experience with data warehousing technologies, such as Amazon Redshift or Snowflake.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- The ability to use different analytics software, languages and tools, as well as machine learning models, such as TensorFlow, Keras, Amazon SageMaker, and Docker.
- Travel may be required for team collaboration, meetings with senior leadership and/or training opportunities.
Seize the opportunity and lead our data-driven transformation. Join Cox today!
Compensation includes a base salary of $105,700.00 - $176,100.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.