The AJC’s mission is to be the most essential and engaging source of news and information for the people of Atlanta, of Georgia and the South. To achieve that mission, we will transform ourselves from a storied daily newspaper into a modern media company. Where reporters, product ninjas, video/audio masters, digital gurus and more who are delivering excellent work across diverse creative platforms, industries and borders to inform and enlighten.
The AJC is seeking an Audio Producer to help expand its acclaimed podcast Politically Georgia into a daily podcast and radio show. We’re seeking a strategic, political junkie with experience in audio to join our current award-winning politics team that is the definitive source of information about Georgia politics.
The Audio Producer for Politically Georgia will work with a sr. producer and the AJC’s political team to ensure this is the smartest, most engaging and most entertaining show about Georgia politics, and one that creates a daily habit with listeners in Atlanta, in Georgia, and beyond.
You are expected to have a strong understanding of compelling political content and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the show. Duties include collaboratively working to build a talent schedule, suggest and book guests, work with the hosts to come up with the most compelling topics and segments for each show. You will work with reporters to make sure the show has properly recorded soundbites and interviews.
The Content Producer will ensure a consistent, high-quality audio experience that reflects the high standards of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s award-winning journalism. You will be expected to understand audio editing and sound design as well as, along the way, helping create a fun, team-oriented, inclusive culture around the creation of audio. You are technically skilled, self-directed, highly motivated, detail-oriented, structured, innovative and display an incredible work ethic. You will report to the Audio & Podcast Program Manager.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution serves a growing, vibrant and diverse metro area in one of the country’s most politically important states. If you believe in the power of professional journalism to shape a better society and more informed citizenry and want to join a team that is ensuring this mission lasts well into the future, please consider applying.
Please note this person must sit in metro Atlanta, GA.
- Help lead the day-to-day operations of a daily political podcast and radio show.
- Work with executive producer to schedule talent.
- Execute vision and sound for AJC Audio.
- Have a strong knowledge of Atlanta and Georgia politics.
- Suggest guests when appropriate and book their appearances.
- Work with talent and sr. producer to create the best topics and segments for each show.
- Gather sound and record interviews in a professional manner.
- Work with AJC reporters to also gather sound when appropriate.
- Edit shows for podcast platforms and find compelling highlights for social promotion.
- Write metadata for each podcasts, including attaching images as needed.
- Execute a consistent set of standards for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s audio products and experience.
- Have fun and do good work.
What we expect you to have to be ready:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, also prefer degree to be in communications/technology.
- 5+ years professional work experience in radio or TV broadcasting or podcasting. (May have master’s degree and up to 2 years of experience, or 6 years of professional experience without degree)
- Minimum of 1+ years in podcast development and production preferred
- Experience working with podcasting, digital, and social media platforms.
- Experience with audio editing, engineering, or other aspects of production.
- Experience covering politics.
- Understanding of audio and digital analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business of podcasting.
- Experience producing a live radio/TV show.
- Proficiency in audio design and audio mixing, especially Adobe Audition.
- Strong verbal, written skills, and presentation skills.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.