This position is responsible for controlling inventory of TRA units, supporting operations, setting the sale for TRA vehicles, and performing general operations support for TRA business.
- Manage relationships with accounts, maintaining effective communications and ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Respond to customer inquiries relating to vehicles. Provide quality service and assist in resolving problems.
- Perform light mechanical work on TRA vehicles as needed.
- Control inventory of TRA vehicles, organize and maintain the vehicles by ensuring they have been scanned regularly.
- Verify that the proper stickers are placed in the proper location and vehicle marking is correct.
- Ensure that sale vehicles are properly received and scanned, and correctly moved to the next staging area. Set sales for TRA vehicles including numbering and sticker.
- Make sure that any vehicles flagged for work are moved in a timely manner. Assist in vehicle movement as necessary to ensure a smooth operational process.
- Communicate with various departments to ensure proper vehicle movement is made (i.e., sale ready or recon ready).
- Conduct sale line audits, make corrections, and provide feedback to leadership.
- Perform vehicle/lot turn processes in the AS400 or via portable terminal (PT).
- Obtain and utilize thorough understanding of vehicle check-in process, work order process flow, routing label, and overall lot layouts.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Lifting heavy objects such as batteries and tires that will need to be removed and installed.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline and up to 1 year of experience;
- OR 5 years’ experience in a related field
- Previous experience in salvage operations, vehicle reconditioning, general auto body knowledge, etc. preferred.
- Safe drivers needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Effective communication and organization skills required.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to utilize a portable terminal, brick, etc. preferred.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service essential
Exposure to outdoor elements.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.