- The Wireless Engineering Technology team leads the architecture, planning design, and engineering deployment of several wireless based service offerings, and will utilize the expertise of our Lead Wireless Architect to be a key contributor to define the strategy, architecture design, and implementation of business system provisioning & integration, data management integration, and related projects.
- The Lead Wireless Architect works closely with business and technology leadership to establish an architectural framework and facilitate the definition of technology strategy, standards, policies, and roadmaps.
- The Lead Wireless Architect will provide wireless industry expertise and knowledge in successfully driving task completion and will have project oversight will report to our AVP, Wireless Architecture. With the growth of our team, and roadmap maturity, the Wireless Engineering support will continue to change allowing team members the opportunity for personal growth.
- Lead development of optimal solution requirements and architectures based on overall project goals and requirements.
- Lead end-to-end solution integration planning with the focus on backoffice support systems.
- Drive vendor functionalities, integrations, and validations.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, ED&O, other stakeholder teams, and the vendors on prioritizing work scope, integration, identifying gaps, mitigating risks, operational aspects, and commercialization planning.
- Lead establishment of production and QA testing environments collaborating with Engineering, Networking, Security teams, and Vendors.
- Work with Security Teams on meeting their various requirements for compliance - Security Architecture, Data Governance Work Group (DGWG)/Privacy, Manual Penetration Testing (MPT) for Security Vulnerabilities, and so on.
- Ensure security standards compliance in design and implementation.
- Collaborate with relevant teams for optimal solutions for legal and regulatory compliance (such as DMCA).
- Support Proof-Of-Concept (POC) Trials, E2E Engineering/Technology Trials, and Productization; Review roll-out plan and procedures.
- Collaborating with Engineering, Product, other stakeholder teams, and the vendors on prioritizing work scope, integration, identifying gaps, mitigating risks, automation, process optimization, operations support model, and commercialization planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in as a Technical Engineer in the Wireless Communications Industry. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 18 years of experience in a related field
- Hands-on experience with back-office integration projects involving BSS/OSS and network element management system integration in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with cloud-based wireless architectures
- Demonstrated successes in end-to-end solution integration planning and execution across multiple vendors and systems.
- Experience with 5G network design and deployment
- Demonstrated successes in architecting, designing, implementing, debugging, and releasing Provisioning, Customer-care, & Data repository functions across multiple vendors, companies, and network elements.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills – particularly across Boundary-partner interfaces.
- Experience in leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams in matrix organizations and influencing at multiple levels from executives to technical SMEs.
- Ability to think strategically, translate into actionable plans and execute tactically to deliver results.
- Excellent leading, collaborating, problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills; Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and changes.
- Continuous learner; Active follower of emerging technologies and their use cases, industry trends, competitive landscape, and business impacts.
- Hands-on experience with Telecom network system Element management and integration is a plus.
- Active participation in professional organizations and industry events
- Experience with big data analytics and machine learning for wireless networks
- Experience with security and compliance for wireless networks
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.